💔Almost Lovers💔

(A/N: This chapter is about 20 words shy of 2,000 words so it took a lot longer to write. I wanted something fresh for this book and I wanted to get you all still entertained so I went looking for reference material and inspiration! I hope my hard work paid off!!!)

*Angel*

I woke up to Alastor laughing downstairs. I was curious as to who the hell could make him laugh this early in the day. I got dressed in a pink crop top and black short shorts, with my normal boots. I fed NugNugs and went downstairs as I fixed my chest fluff a bit when I saw Al at the front desk talking with Charlie, laughing and talking. I growled jealously. I ran back to my room and tripped over a vase of red Alastors. I picked them up and read the card attached.

Dearest Angel,

You seem so high in spirits. It's beautiful to watch you blossom. I wish I could be by your side now. I wish I could be a part of the happiness. I wish you were here with me as I write this letter. I want you so desperately.

Love,

Your Secret Admirer

I curled up in a ball on the floor and cried. Why wasn't he there? Why wasn't he with me? Why couldn't he be Alastor!? I walked back downstairs. I looked up and saw the undeniable chemistry Charlie and Alastor had. Vaggie grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the painful sight. She and I had breakfast together as I cried. I wanted to confess all the feelings I had for Al. I was so desperate for his love.

¨I'm telling her today.¨ Vaggie was dressed in a black blazer, white shirt, and black skirt. She looked super nervous. I smiled sweetly at her.

¨Vaggie, you got this. Just pull her to the side and ask her on a date.¨She nodded and walked off. She walked to Charlie and took her aside and shyly asked a very important question. Charlie's eyes lit up, she hugged Vaggie and made happy screams.

¨Yes yes yes!!!¨ She shrieked. I smiled at them. Vaggie has dragged out the door immediately making me laugh. Alastor looked at me and I waved. I sat back down and ate my food. Al came over, fixed himself something, and sat with me.

¨Feeling alright darling?¨I blushed at the name and nodded.

¨Just in pain is all.¨I kept eating breakfast when he looked at me worriedly.

¨What kind of pain?¨ I just looked at him and smiled.

¨Oh just some back pains and bruises. I'll live.¨I smiled warmly at him, to ease his worries. He smiled back, the answer seeming to calm his nerves. I went to get up and felt a bit lightheaded from getting up to fast. I nearly fell but Al caught me.

¨Are you alright dear?¨I felt still a bit lightheaded so Al sat me down as I laid my head back on the chair.

¨Sorry Al, I just got up to fast.¨ He smiled and pet my hair again.

¨It's fine Angel. Just take a minute darling." I nodded and sat there trying to calm down. I then got back up and took my plate to the kitchen. I went to my room and worked on my outfit for the Valentine's Day dance. It was a red dress, but I had to fix the top. I ended up spending many hours adding 2 extra sleeves and making the top more like a tux jacket. With that and the bottom frilly half of the skirt, I was excited about this dance. With a red crop top underneath and red boots, it'd look really cute. I went and put it away, then realized it was night. I walked down to the balcony and saw Alastor there talking to some gal I didn't recognize. She was tall, slender, white skin, blue eyes, and in a black long dress. They seemed to talk the night away happily laughing and smiling together. I felt my legs shake, my eyes water, and my heart falls into pieces as I watched the two. I ran to my room and opened my closet. The corset was there... if I just wanted to look pretty again... I could just slip it on. I felt something in me fighting the dark thoughts as I closed the door. I sighed feeling like shit and thought of anything I could do. I wrote a letter to my admirer.