Chapter 5

I drifted to sleep quickly after we started to leave the house that the party was at. He woke me up a bit later and asked,

"Hey, what's your address? You never said and I didn't want to just take you to my house."

"I'd be fine with that, don't worry."

"Hannah, no. I'm not going to just take you to my house, I don't want to make you uncomfortable. Please, what's your address?"

I paused for a second, I don't remember telling him my name and I definitely don't know his name.

"Uh, how did you know my name was Hannah?" I said hesitantly, I sat up slowly and looked at him. "And how come I don't know your name?"

"When I found you laying in the bed half naked I asked what your name was and if you knew where you were. You said your name was Hannah but you didn't know where you were. I'm sorry I haven't told you my name. It's Liam."

I thanked him and asked him to take me to his house, "I, I don't want to be alone, and I live alone. My cat isn't even there."

"I thought you said you had a roommate?"

"She's going to be gone all day tomorrow, she's probably crossfaded to hell right now and with some guy she doesn't know. She's barely ever home. I'm going to be alone for a long time and I don't think that's exactly what I need right now."

He looked over at me for a second before turning the car around, "You're right, I'm sorry. I'll let you have the bed, I'll make breakfast too."

He put music on and hummed along tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. I drifted asleep again and stayed asleep for a while it felt.

He woke me up as he turned down a road I've never seen before. It looked a bit fancier than I could afford with the large houses that lined the street. I immediately felt like he was too good compared to me, I wasn't poor, but I didn't have an abundance of money.

He pulled into one of the driveways and said, "This is my house, want me to carry you in?"

I declined and got out of the car, he held my hand as we walked up to the door. He fidgeted with the many keys on his lanyard and opened the door.