Chapter 9

AN: I am so so so sorry i've barely updated, i have zerooooo motivation especially with this damn quarantine, i promise i'll try to write more

She was silent for a minute and I was scared of what she'd say.

"I love you Hannah, I'm just worried. I know we never say that, but I really am worried and I do love you. I've just been too scared to say it, I'm sorry but know you know at least. I trust you that you're okay and I hope you're safe. Text me with updates please every so often. I know you're smart and will do the right things, again, I love you, be safe."

I teared up for a second and told her goodbye before I got choked up. I heard her almost start to cry when I told her I loved her too and then she hung up. I never knew she cared that much but it means a lot to me to know I'm not alone in caring.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong?" Liam moved over to me and looked at my face for a second before reaching over and wiping away a tear I didn't feel escaped.

"I just called my roommate and she told me she was worried and she loved me for the first time. She's not one of those sappy people so she really meant it and I guess I never thought she cared that much about me." A few more tears spilled out while I said that and he was listening to everything I said and he seemed so genuine and it's amazing.

"I don't really know what to say to that other than; I think that's amazing. I was really worried it was something bad but it's not and I'm glad. I still wanna hug you though." He made a shy face and extended his arms out. I almost jumped into his arms, feeling them wrap around me tight. I was much smaller than him, barely reaching his chin, so I easily fit into his arms. I held him tight not even thinking about it being too tight.

I felt safe in that moment and it was refreshing. I don't actually know how long we held each other because he didn't pull away until I did as if he knew how badly I needed that, and him.

"Thank you, I needed that more than you know."

"I think I do know how much you needed that considering you just hugged me for 3 minutes and held me super tight. I needed it too though, I haven't had a hug like that in so long, so thank you."

I didn't know what to say after that so I just hugged him again and he laughed, feeling his chest move and hearing his laugh was soothing in a way I'd never thought of.

We hugged for a bit again before a loud noise on the tv made me jump. He laughed before turning it off, my cheeks burned a little and I pulled out my phone answering a few more texts until it subsided.

I grabbed the remote and asked him if I could put a move on and he nodded at me. I searched for The Shining.

He looked over at me unsure and said quietly, "I don't like horror movies."

"Oh, we don't have to watch this if you don't want to, but i am gonna ask why."

"God, uhm well, I uh. I was with my friends and we all got super fucking high and we watched a horror movie and it scared the shit out of us."

"And you haven't watched one since?"

"No..."