PART FORTY

The next weeks are a bit tough. It's a big change not seeing Shawn almost everyday, but my friends are all very supportive. I still text Shawn all day, and we FaceTime almost every night before he goes to sleep. But I was so glad to see the end of March come around, because Shawn has a few days off between a string of shows, and we're gonna meet in Seville for a little weekend getaway together.

I pack my bags and head for the airport.

"I'm boarding now! See you in a few hours, babe! I can't wait to be with you," I text him just before I have to put my phone on airplane mode.

"Can't wait to hold you, have a safe flight," he answers right away.

I feel like that's a good sign, that I was able to catch him before I took off. I connected through Lisbon, but landed in Seville about 9 hours later. I walk towards the exit and see a tall guy in a driver's suit with the hat, shades on, holding a tablet with my name on it, so I walk towards him. As I see the smile spread on his face, I recognize Shawn instantly and run to him, almost leaving my carry on behind. I jump into his arms and he spins me around. I always find it heart warming to see people meet at the airport, but in that moment, I wasn't even aware there were other people in that room. Feeling his arms around me, his hair tickling my face, smelling him against my skin, all things I knew I missed, but didn't even realize how much.

Shawn puts me down, and, charming as ever, says:

"Hi there, Miss Y/Last/N?"

"Yes, it's me. Thank you for picking me up. Did my boyfriend send you?"

"Oh he sure did," Shawn says as he grabs my suitcase with one hand and my ass with the other.

He bends down to give me a kiss, and apart from the driver's hat poking my forehead, it's exactly how I imagined it would be.

"Come on, let's get to the hotel, you must be exhausted."

We get to the hotel room — or should I say suite — and I don't think I've ever stayed in something so luxurious. The room is huge, the windows let in a lot of that golden Spanish sun, the ceilings are high and the deco has classic European accents, yet with clean and modern colours. The suite is split into two rooms: the spacious bedroom with the king-size bed and mood lighting, and the living area with nice chairs and couches, a TV, and a work space. The bathroom is straight out of the movie Pretty Woman with the gigantic bathtub and a separate rainfall shower.

"Shawn!" I exclaim, "do you need all this?" I say as I take a lap around the place and he puts my stuff away.

"I don't, but I thought you'd enjoy it," he says after joining me and placing his hands on my waist to hug me from behind.

He gives me a quick peck on the cheek and then lingers on my neck, but I pull away.

"Oh Shawn, I've missed you, but I'm all disgusting from the plane, I just want to shower and relax a little."

"Of course, I get that," he says before kissing my on the lips one last time. "You must also be famished! Want me to order something from room service?" he says as he walks towards the menu next to the phone.

"Uh..." I barely start to say when I hear Shawn from the other room:

"Hmm lobster!"

My eyes open wide. I'm not used to this lavish lifestyle, and I almost feel uncomfortable. I walk out of the bathroom to meet Shawn.

"Babe, did you say 'lobster'?" I ask.

"Yeah! They have it if you want!" he says enthusiastically.

"I mean, this is a lot for me, right now. The first class flight, this suite, the room service lobster, I-" I stop myself.

"Oh darling, I just want to treat you well!" He holds my hands. "You're my queen, I want the best for you, and I'm lucky enough that I can actually give it to you. Let me do this, please."

His eyes lit up when he said that. I can read on his face that he just wants us to have a good time together, and make that weekend special. I swallow my pride, and say:

"Alright. See if they have croquetas de jamón ibérico, they were always my favourite," I say as I get back to the bathroom for my shower.

I have to admit, I used up a lot of hot water during that shower. So much, that by the time I get out of the bathroom, the airplane yuck washed from my entire body, hair and face, the room service has already been delivered. I drape myself in a plush robe and join Shawn on the couch. I pick up a croqueta and shove it all in my mouth. I chew and moan at the taste, and Shawn looks at me with what I recognize as his bedroom eyes.

"Don't you be getting any ideas! These are just so good."

We keep eating bites from the different tapas Shawn chose, and don't say much, because we're that hungry. It's getting kind of late, and we don't really want to be doing anything other than be with each other, so we finish eating, and cuddle up to chat. We have been chatting almost every night, but somehow still have things to say. We were starting to make plans for tomorrow when we hear a knock on the door. We both look a bit surprised, but Shawn remembers:

"Oh that's right, I asked them to come back in an hour to pick this up and bring us dessert!"

"Dessert? I thought I was all the dessert you needed," I tell him seductively.

His mouth gapes a bit at my words and the idea they put in his head. I keep looking at him. As if hypnotized, he comes down for a kiss, but I deny him.

"Tss! Door," I say with a wink.

Shawn comes back a few seconds later with a gentleman bringing us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. He puts it down on the coffee table and starts picking up the empty plates.

"¡Disfrutéis!" he says as he leaves.

I look at our very romantic dessert and back at Shawn. I pick up a strawberry and feed it to him. He chews his bite as he opens the champagne. *Pop*

"So, how bad would it be if we didn't event leave the room this weekend?" I ask him.

He smiles and kisses me as a reply.

We wake up the next morning to the warmth of the sun through the window. It's going to be a beautiful day in Sevilla, and I'm excited to walk around and show Shawn some of the places I saw last time I was here. We walk the small streets of the city, see the imposing cathedral and La Giralda, we have churros on a sunny terrace. We walk past many fountains and make as many wishes. We go for a boat ride at La Plaza de España where Shawn tries to row a boat. We hit too many other people, but I don't mind because I will never tire of hearing him say 'Oh, perdona!' We walk around the shaded gardens of the adjacent park, dip our feet in a small water reservoir, and finally, we pick up food from a market and have a picnic on the banks of the river to watch the sunset paint the sky in hues of orange and pink.

No one knows Shawn is here, so with his shades on, no one really notices him. Jake isn't too far, but still lets us have a bit of privacy. It really makes the day a bit more special. It feels like Shawn and I can still be normal, even after getting so close so fast, and now having to be apart for a while.

We get back to the hotel in the darkness, and rest after a long day of walking.

"Shawn, I think I'll have a bath," I say as I gather my robe and bath products.

"Oh okay, sure," he replies, absent-mindedly.

A bit stunned he didn't say anything else, I catch his eye and he looks at me.

"Join me, won't you?"