PART FORTY THREE

I'm out on the cloudy day, not really knowing where I should go, but that's my favourite way to visit a new city: wander around and stumble upon beautiful things. I've only been walking for twenty minutes when I think I just walked in a circle as I recognize the street the hotel is on. I turn on it, but walk opposite the hotel. That's when I hear the screams. Wow that is overwhelming. But that also means Shawn probably stepped out. That or some other celebrity is here today... But what are the odds of that.

I think I'll be fine if I keep walking, because Shawn will probably stay there and take pictures, but I can hear the screams and the 'I love you so much!' get closer and closer. I turn around and see Shawn, followed by a pack of fans, almost jogging in my direction. I stop on the sidewalk, all the while shooting Shawn a look like daggers. I thought we agreed not to do anything to suggest his girlfriend is here! I checked in under a fake name in case the hotel receptionists are gossips, for fuck's sake!

Shawn sees me, and understands I'm not very happy to see him — that might be the first time he sees that look on me — and stops walking. He addresses the crowd of girls:

"Okay guys! Thanks for coming out! I will chat and take pics all you want, but you just have to line up here, against this wall!"

He gestures to the wall I'm almost leaning on, and I roll my eyes. The group of girls run in my direction, and I get lost in the crowd. I could leave, but I'm also petty enough that I wanna see how Shawn will get out of this one. So I patiently wait for my picture. A few minutes later, Shawn finally gets to me, and he sees in my smile that I'm faking it just because I kinda have to. He takes my phone so he can take a selfie and therefore stick his face right next to mine.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry hun, I didn't think!" he says through his teeth.

"Yeah, you didn't!" I reply. "I told you to nap."

"But I already missed you. And I knew you were actually here. I couldn't help it."

This is already the longest selfie he's ever taken, so I pull my face away from his. He keeps my phone in his hands, and he doesn't seem to want to hand it over. He has to give it back before people start wondering why he spent so much time with this one girl. Seeing as I still haven't answered his apology, and I'm just blankly smiling at him not to raise suspicions, he gives it back but purposefully drops it. As we both crouch down to pick it up, the girls around laugh at Shawn's clumsiness. He looks down at the street as he whispers to me:

"Babe, I'm sorry. Meet me in our room in half an hour? Please?"

"Fine," I agree, drily.

We get up and fake a laugh, and Shawn moves on to the next fan. I set a reminder alarm to head back to the hotel and start walking around again. I try to enjoy the views and the architecture, but all I can think of is Shawn. I mean, how could he think he'd leave the hotel unnoticed? But how sweet of him to want to come be with me! And yet, we've been together 24/7 for a few days now, we should be able to handle being apart for an hour. Wow, tour life isn't easy for anyone.

I turn around and head back to the hotel right away, since I'm not having any more fun exploring. I go up and run into Shawn in the hallway. He's unlocking the door, so I walk a bit faster to get in behind him. Right as I close the door behind me, he turns around and pins me against it, arms on each side of me so I can't escape. He kisses me through a smile, and I can't help but get caught up in it. His hands leave the door to make their way down my sides. He brings them down to my thighs and I can feel him crouch down to pick me up. I hop a bit to help him and the whole floor probably heard the thud my back made against the door. I laugh too much for us to keep kissing, so Shawn pulls away and looks at me, grinning hard. It snaps me back to reality.

"Wait! No, put me down Shawn, I'm still pissed," I say through a smile, not convincing him one bit.

"You're what?" he asks, putting me down.

I walk away from the door.

"I'm still mad you ruined my walk around the city!"

Yeah, I can't say it with a serious face, so it takes away a lot of the emotion I'm trying to convey.

"Oh, I'm sorry love," Shawn says while walking towards me again.

I don't move. I let him tower over me. I smile again and he bends down to kiss again. He keeps hunching over so I keep bending backwards and eventually fall on the bed. We're both laughing, and he climbs on top. I scoot up the bed as Shawn crawls over me.

"Ow!"

My head hits the headboard. We both burst out laughing, but this reminds me of Brian's comment from earlier.

"Shawn, did Brian tell you when he'd be back?"

"He went out to eat with Connor and Alessia, so I think we have a few hours, why?"

"Because- You know I can't stay mad at this face! Come here," I say as I bring his chin forward.