Chapter One

Have you ever wanted to spice up your life?

How did you go about that?

I don't know, maybe you went on a trip, changed your wardrobe, made new friends, or just knocked some things off your bucket list.

But how far would you go just to add that little bit of spice to your only life?

A boy named Jeon Jungkook wouldn't go very far.

In fact, he didn't even want to change his life.

He was perfectly content with his little average life in Seoul. He had a decent family, some nice friends, went to a decent school, and heck even had a job. It's wasn't really a good paying job, but it gave him something.

On the other hand, all of his friends and family weren't so satisfied with how Jungkook was living. They wanted him to add that spice and live a little. He's young, handsome, nice, and overall a good person, so he deserves to have some fun. Not over worrying about paying for college, keeping his grades up, staying fit, and sticking to his strict schedules.

So what exactly should they do for him?

They already tried suggesting to him to go on a trip, going to a club, taking a photography adventure, and meeting new people and stuff, but Jungkook just wouldn't budge. He never wanted to try anything new.

Maybe they didn't know Jungkook was terrified of change.

He actually liked his boring life, as he's been living it for so long. Why should he root himself up now? He honestly wouldn't know how to cope.

But you see, his family and friends assumed he just was lazy and didn't mind the life he already had. He didn't care to do new things.

Except one day, one fateful day, one of Jungkook's friends found a very interesting poster pinned on a bulletin near the bus stop. In fact, they were pinned all over the city. It proposed a very intriguing offer for someone to accept. So intriguing, and rather odd, it's guaranteed to spice up someone's life.

And who did that friend think of when he saw it?

Well none other than his best friend, Jeon Jungkook.

———

"Jimin, what exactly is this about? I have work soon." Jungkook started blankly at his best friend who insisted they meet up so they could talk about something interesting.

"Well, I was waiting for the bus the other day and found this poster. You know how we always are trying to get you to do something new? Well, I think this is really it!" Jimin smiled suspiciously. He pulled something out of his bag, and handed it to Jungkook.

"What is this? You know I'm perfectly fine with the life I have." Jungkook sighed and looked at the paper in his hands.

"Human Donor needed? Do you know how scary that sounds? I'm pretty sure I need to be dead for this." Jungkook glanced at the title.

"Oh shush, just keep reading!"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and continued reading.

"100,000 dollars!? Jimin what is this?! It's gotta be illegal. All I need to read is 'donor' and '100,00 dollars' to know I will not be doing whatever the hell this is." Jungkook widened his eyes and huffed, dropping the poster back on the table.

"Oh come on! It's not that bad!" Jimin picked up the paper and re read it to explain it.

"All you would be doing is helping this dude out with experiments in his lab and stuff. You are studying science and biology aren't you?" Jimin tried to convince Jungkook.

"I'm literally studying literature."

"Well then I guess you are writing the reports! You still know some stuff about science!" Jimin defended himself.

"Yeah last semester when I took a class! I tuned that all out already. Anyway, I'm not being this dude's slave or lab rat or whatever." Jungkook huffed.

"Come on! This is the chance you have been waiting for! You could get 100,000 dollars for this Jungkook. Just to help this scientist guy known as V. I don't think it's a permanent forever thing." Jimin tried again.

"Jimin, I don't know. I just don't really want to do that to myself. That V guy could kill me or harvest my organs for all I know." Jungkook shrugged his shoulders.

"Listen, there is this thing called selection day. It's in a week. There, you go to the lab, and everyone who wants to participate goes there. One lucky person will get picked by V to help him. Can you at least go to selection day? Please?" Jimin begged at this point.

Yeah it was kind of annoying of everyone to try to get Jungkook out there, but he knows they just want him to have fun for once.

"Ugh, I'll think about it ok? If that's what it's gonna take for you to leave me alone about it." Jungkook sighed and gave a fake smile to Jimin, who pumped his fist in the air.

"Yes! That's all I wanted! Thank you Jungkook, I swear you won't regret it if you do!" Jimin smiled.

"Shit, I gotta go to work! See ya midget!" Jungkook got up from his chair in the coffee shop with that poster in his hands, walking out the door.

"See ya later, whore!" Jimin yelled back and laughed to himself.

"I'm the best..." he mumbled to himself and stared out the window.

Even if Jungkook wasn't gonna take it, which is likely, he at least got him to think about it. That's an accomplishment on its own.

Meanwhile, Jungkook just shoved the flyer into his pocket to probably never be seen again. He wasn't really serious about really going to this selection day thing. He didn't exactly want to be this scientist dude's little guinea pig. Jungkook wasn't that desperate for money yet.

But you know, maybe one day, he'll have to find a way to get more money, or he'll succumb to the pressure from his friends, and look back at the poster.

But that won't happen.

Totally not.

————

Yo so I got random inspiration for this intro chapter so here you go! Idk how much more I will update this book or my other ones until His New Daddy is done, but I may post every once and awhile.

Thank you for reading and all the support!

Btw Mots7 literally killed me y'all, we just gotta appreciate it, it gave some BOPS!
❤️ 💜

-AOMT