Chapter Four

Jungkook couldn't believe he woke up late on the day his life could potentially change.

He was already fucking the day up and it had barely been 15 minutes since he woke up.

He was startled awake by his back up alarm, which rang 20 minutes before he had to leave. That might seem like enough time, but Jungkook wanted to look good today.

It's not that he wanted to impress this scientist guy and make him wanna choose him, it's that he was treating this like a job interview. And he wanted to make a good first impression and look great at this 'job interview'. This required at least 45 minutes of time for him to actually get up, motivate, and get ready.

So when Jungkook woke up and noticed the time, he screamed into his pillow and jolted out of bed to go shower. He showered and did his morning routine as quickly as possible, which only left him like 5 minutes to eat breakfast and double check everything. He shoved some food in his mouth and chugged a glass of milk before running to the front door. He had to tie his shoes and check himself in the mirror one last time before leaving.

He looked in the mirror and took a deep breath. He was wearing a white button up shirt and black dress pants, tied together with a black and gold belt to accentuate his tiny waist. Simple, yet classy. He liked how it brought out his assets, but also hoped he wasn't too formal.

Before he could overthink his appearance, he shook his head and patted his hair down one last time before leaving. It had taken him 5 outfits to even pick this one out, he cannot go through more. He made sure to lock his door and had a large black coat in hand. There was a chill in the air today.

Jungkook decided to walk there because the location thankfully wasn't too far away from his house. He might just be a little late because of his morning mishaps.

He decided to pull out his phone and check his messages while he walked. He had no idea what the rules were and if he would be allowed to have his phone on him.

He had received numerous texts from his friends and family, especially Jimin. They were all good luck messages and people asking him to spill the details afterwords. He smiled and responded to some of them before putting his phone in his pocket.

As he looked up again, however, he bumped into someone and stumbled.

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright?"

Jungkook regained his balance and looked to see a tall man with brown hair and dimples as he smiled.

"Y-Yes, I'm okay, thank you! It's alright, I just wasn't paying attention. So sorry!" Jungkook bowed.

"No need to apologize! As long as you're okay, that's what matters. It would suck to get injured on Selection Day, wouldn't it?" The tall man chuckled.

"H-how did you-"

"Sorry, kiddo. I am in a rush, and I'm sure you are too. Sorry again, but have a great day! Good luck!" The dimpled man waved and smiled innocently at Jungkook as he walked away.

Jungkook was stunned. How the hell did this guy know he was going to Selection Day?!

Jungkook was lost in thought for a second before gasping. He forgot he was running late, so he literally started running down the street.

But of course, nothing went to plan since he slammed his shoulder into a pole while he was running.

When I meet this scientist guy, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind for putting me through all of this!

"Fuck!" Jungkook hissed under his breath. He tried to ignore the pain and kept running to the building. He was officially late and was scared.

They wouldn't kill me, right? I don't even have the 'job' yet, so this scientist guy can't punish me already! Right?