Chapter Two

"WHAT?!"

Jungkook screamed into the phone.

"You heard me. I can't tell you much until I hear back from them about what happened."

"I-I just don't understand?! Who the fuck would do that?! And why didn't I see it on the news?!" Jungkook was exasperated.

He couldn't believe this was happening.

"I don't know. It's not a very big business, Jungkook. We also didn't want too much attention drawn to it."

"Okay, okay, wait a minute. I need to back track or else I'm going to officially go insane," Jungkook pauses to try to calm down.

"You mean to tell me, that in the middle of the night last night, some stupid fucking bitches decided to fucking BLOW UP THE CAFE?! Like literally make it burst into flames?! And NO ONE saw or did anything until TWO HOURS later?!"

Jungkook was currently having a mental breakdown.

"Well, when you put it that way... I guess, yeah. "

"Oh my god, I'm gonna lose it. How the FUCK are you so calm about this?! You're the boss! Why am I freaking out more than you?!" Jungkook was actually losing his mind over the fact that some random ass kids thought it would be fun to set the cafe on fire. And burn it to the ground. Which means-

"Well I have another job lined up, and some money to my name. I'll be fine soon and no one got hurt. But YOU on the other hand, relied on this job."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Yes, Jungkook. I'm so sorry, but obviously you are being laid off. Along with all the other people who worked at our cafe. You should find another job and fast."

Jungkook teared up at his boss' words. He lost his job, one of the only things that kept him sane and financially stable. He had no fucking idea on what to do now.

"I-It's okay. There's nothing we can do about it. T-Thank you, I'll be job searching then. Sorry. Just, thanks again for everything you have done for me." Jungkook was trying to remain calm until the end of the call.

"You are very welcome, Jungkook. You were one of my favorites. I was happy to help. So thank you for being a hard worker for me, kiddo. I hope life treats you well, but if I ever rebuild the place, you'll be the first one I call. Take care, bye now!"

"Thanks, Mr. Lee. I appreciate it. But I hope you recover nicely too, and live a happy life too. Goodbye!" Jungkook hung up before bursting into tears.

He slumped down on the couch of his cozy apartment, and let himself cry his eyes out. He had just lost his job, financial stability, and sanity all in one night. Even worse? His rent was due in two weeks.

He relied on his next paychecks to pay for it, but now he's not sure what he's gonna do. He could lose his apartment. His parents graciously helped him with school fees, but he still has to pay for some school finances too. It could seem over dramatic to anyone else, but that quaint cute little job meant the world to Jungkook. He loved it there, as average as it was. And now he had to face his worst fear again.

Change.

He despised change with a burning passion, and was deathly afraid of it. He's had a bad relationship with change before, and vowed since then to avoid it as much as possible.

Jungkook cried for like 10 more minutes. He rubbed his eyes after and tried taking deep breaths to calm himself down, but it wasn't working too well. So he tried that thing to help you relax where you list five things in the room that you can touch, hear, see, taste, and smell. He looked around the room through his blurry vision from tears and tried to focus.

Okay, let's do this...

I can hear the cars outside.

I can smell my candles.

I can taste the chips in the bag in front of me.

I can see my television.

His eyes then landed on the coffee table in front of him.

Okay, I can touch the-

His eyes widened. His hands shakily reached out to the table, grabbing a familiar white poster.

It was the paper Jimin gave him a couple days ago.

The advertisement for the job offer.

Jungkook read the paper over again. He really, really didn't want to resort to this. But he might have to. He was desperate.

Maybe it wouldn't be sooo bad.

I could at least go to selection day, right?

It's not like I'll get picked, but still.

It's $100,000

That would cover everything.

Jungkook sat there in deep thought for a few minutes.

The selection day was in two days. He didn't want to succumb to the pressure of his friends and finances, but maybe this was the solution to his problems right now.

Maybe he should finally spice up his life.

What else did he have to lose?

So, out of that extreme desperation, Jungkook stormed over to his calendar and wrote in the box for a couple days later

Selection Day

Would he regret that later?

Maybe.

But he didn't care right now.

Jungkook glared at it, and then just stormed into his room, going to try to let himself get some rest after the stressful day.
———————————————————————

Hey guys! I really just wanted to push a chapter out for this so I'm sorry it was so short. More chapters that are longer are in the works though.

I hope you are enjoying this so far, and will continue to enjoy it!

Thanks for the support! Love you guys!

And PLEASE stay inside and stay healthy during these rough times. It crucial we all work together to get through this because we are all in this together~
So stay safe and use the proper precautions! Please!

Check out my other books if you want and are bored tho in this self quarantine cuz I might be more active on those lol

But that's all for now. Thanks again and see you hopefully soon! 💜

-AOMT