Chapter Five

Jungkook thought he was going to pass out the second he looked at this man's face and heard his voice.

Maybe if this man wasn't the most handsome and attractive man Jungkook had ever seen in his life, Jungkook wouldn't be so intimidated.

This guy must have been a Greek god or something.

Blond hair falling slightly onto his face, his striking brown eyes stared directly into Jungkook's soul. Thick eyebrows raised slightly as if to tease Jungkook, and a smirk adorning his overall handsome face with his perfect lips. He had sharp features and looked not that much older than Jungkook.

"Very nice to finally meet you, my dear."

Jungkook screamed internally at the pet name.

This man is going to be the death of me...

"N-Nice to meet you too." Jungkook stuttered a little, but tried to stay calm.

V extended his hand that Jungkook was obsessing over earlier for a handshake. Jungkook tried not to let his hand tremble and shook his hand, taking notice of the size difference.

"Ah, no need to be so nervous. There's nothing for you to be scared of. Let's move this meeting ahead, shall we?"

Oh god, Jungkook would beg to hear him speak for hours. It was so deep and soothing, Jungkook wondered if he had a good singing voice too.

Jungkook just nodded his head, not trusting his voice.

"Right, you must be a little shaken up by that raged fool. He'll be taken care of accordingly for his behavior, do not worry." V waved his hand dismissively, as if he didn't even want to think about the man.

Although Jungkook was curious about what would happen to the man, he decided not to push it and ask. He still had no idea how V was, even if he's been fairly nice so far.

"Anyway, let's not think about him. We are here to talk about you. So you're gonna have to start talking, darling." V folded his hands and rested his head on them, staring intensely at Jungkook.

"Okay..." Jungkook said shakily.

He had so many questions.

"I know you're just burning with curiosity, and have many questions. Why don't you ask a few?" V asked as if he was reading Jungkook's mind.

"W-Why did you just send everyone off like that? Without talking to them?" Jungkook asked, gathering enough courage to look V in the eyes again.

"Not the first question I thought you'd ask, but you seem to be full of surprises. To answer your question, I didn't need to talk to them. I don't need to waste my breath talking to them. They are all irrelevant now. You, on the other hand, are not." V smiled.

"Oh..." Jungkook blushed a little bit and tried to suppress the shocked look on his face. He couldn't help but interpret V's words as meaning he was more important to him than anyone else there today. Obviously, he could've assumed that since he was the lucky winner in the first place, but it felt different hearing it from the scientist himself.

"Any other questions?" V urges Jungkook to speak. He wanted to hear Jungkook talk and ask him questions. Jungkook would have to get comfortable here eventually, and V wanted him to feel comfortable around him.

"Why?" Jungkook looked into V's eyes with another surge of courage and curiosity.

"Why what?"

"Why did you pick me?"

"Oh, don't fret, sweetheart. The answer to that will be revealed in due time. That is the one thing I can not tell you yet. Anything else?" V smirked again.