Chapter Three

Jungkook was woken up by loud knocks on his door. He reluctantly got out of bed and rushed to the door, worried that something was wrong. But alas, his actions were in vain because when he opened the door, it was just a happy looking Jimin.

"What do you want? You woke me up!" Jungkook pouted and huffed in annoyance that he was woken up earlier than normal because of him. Of course he loved Jimin's company, but not when he could've still been sleeping after a rather traumatic night.

"Oh, sorry, but I'm here to cheer you up!" Jimin smiled and barged into Jungkook's apartment like he normally did. He settled down on a kitchen stool and continued the conversation.

"Why are you cheering me up, Jimin?"

"Well, I found out about the fire at your cafe last night. I know how much you loved and needed that job, so I'm here to help you in any way that I can!" Jimin nervously smiled, hoping he wouldn't trigger Jungkook.

"Oh. Yeah, well, thanks Jimin. But I don't think anything can fix this mess." Jungkook looked down sad but still sleepy. With tiredness, sometimes came a more clingy Jungkook.

"But Jimin?"

"Yeah?"

"You know what would make me feel a little better?"

"What? I'll do anything!"

"Can I have a hug?"

Jungkook looked up at Jimin with suddenly teary eyes, and the other gasped before quickly embracing the younger.

"Of course, Koo! You don't even have to ask. I'm always here for you." Jimin petted Jungkook's hair and slowly led him to the living room couch. Which was a little hard since Jungkook was taller than him, but Jimin made it work.

"J-Jimin, it's all messed up! I have no job, no money, no apartment, and just everything is changing! I-I can't do it, Minnie, I can't do change..." Jungkook buried his face into Jimin's shoulder as he started bawling his eyes out. Jimin hadn't quite seen the usually so 'average' and 'perfect' Jungkook spiral this bad.

But even the most average of people have problems of their own, and everyone needs to cry sometimes.

"Oh, Kookie, I'm so sorry. We will get through this together, alright? Everyone is here to help you, I promise. It'll all be okay in the end." Jimin rubbed his hand up and down the crying one's back for comfort, and hoped some of his words would comfort him.

"No, I-I can't get help for this one. T-This is my mess, a-and I need to fix it!" Jungkook cried out, sounding more like he was trying to convince himself rather than Jimin.

"Jungkookie, you never walk alone. We are here to support you! Everyone, even the strongest like you, need help sometimes. There's no shame in asking for help." Jimin tried to comfort him more. But then Jungkook went a little more quiet, only some sniffles and quiet tears as minutes passed in silence. Then Jungkook broke it.

"I know, Jimin. But, I already decided something..." Jungkook looked up at Jimin with big teary eyes, but they were less sad now and more serious. Jimin was extremely curious, so he had to ask.

"Oh? What is it?"

"I've decided that I'm going to do it. I'm going to go to Selection Day."

Jimin choked on his spit the millisecond he absorbed what words he just heard.

The Jeon Jungkook is going to do something new?! Something like that Selection Day was wayyy out his comfort zone. Yeah, Jungkook told him he would consider it, but he didn't ever think he would actually do it.