Prologue(Horror)

No One's POV
As snow came down in a flurry of white, the only living thing that could be seen was a skeleton. It was hard to tell whether the snow that slowly trickled through the hole in his head bothered him at all, but if it did, he didn't show it.

This skeleton went by the name of Horror. He was in a constant state of hunger for multiple reasons, and desperately wanted-no, needed-food, but yet he still refused. He refused to eat what the other monsters of Snowdin ate, though it was him who told them to eat what they eat.

Although things looked bleak, he still had the smallest glimmer of hope left, hope that one day this hell would end, and he, and his brother, would finally be free.

Currently he was seated at his sentry station near the ruins, not really focused and instead lost in thought.

Crunch!

Horror shot up and his single cherry eye was lit and alert.

What could that have been? Horror thought to himself. The human shouldn't be here yet. Right? Horror was still looking around and shrugged it off as nothing, but as he went to sit down again, a chilling voice sounded behind him.

"You really shouldn't lose your focus
B u d d y."

Horror grabbed his axe and whirled around in one fluid motion, hoping to hit his target. That thought was quickly shot down as a tentacle shot out and coiled around his arm, stopping the motion. From this position, he was able to see what this new skeleton looked like. It looked to be another Sans, but this one was covered in a thick tar like substance that seemed to also make the four lashing tentacles protruding from his back. The skeleton had a single cyan eye light glowing in the dark setting they were stood in.

"Now, now. That isn't very nice is it?" The words were smooth and sharp, sending shivers down Horror's spine.
"I'm only here to talk. So you can lower your weapon."

A chilling wind blew past them and Horror, reluctantly, dropped his axe, which enticed the tar covered skeleton to uncoil the tentacle still restraining his arm.

The skeleton gave a chilling grin and introduced himself. "I am Nightmare, King of Negativity." Nightmare extended his hand and chillingly spoke
"And you are...?" The way he spoke made it easy to tell he already knew the answer but wanted Horror to answer it himself.

Horror again hesitated, but reached out and took Nightmare's hand. " I'm Horror, though I get the feeling you already know that."

Nightmare gave a cold grin and retracted his hand. "I'm impressed. But I assume you want to ask why I'm here, yes?" The grin he gave Horror was enough to make his skin crawl, but the way he spoke sent a cold chill up his spine. "Well I have a deal for you, one that would benefit both you and me."

Horror was slightly interested, and nodded his head to Nightmare's words.
"And that would be...what exactly?"

"Glad to see you're interested. Anyways, I would provide you with a proper place to live, proper training, and best of all, Food." As Nightmare spoke the last word, his face showed a flash of sympathy and understanding, which was a stark contrast to the emotionless stares he had been giving Horror moments before.

Horror's soul skipped a beat and he went lightheaded for a moment at the slight mention of food. That small spark of hope suddenly was not so small anymore and he truly believed that he could get out of here. He almost jumped at the offer but stopped as soon as he remembered one factor.

"Wait, what about my brother? He relies on me and I care about him too much to just leave him in this hell hole." Horror so desperately wanted to say yes, but he forced himself to wait.

"I thought you might ask that. I will allow you to come to your AU once every week to deliver him an abundance of food. In return you will go to different AU's and cause negativity, but don't worry, you won't be alone." Nightmare knew that Horror would accept, if he could finally eat real food again. He extended his hand once more, but this time to seal the deal. "So what do you say Horror."

Horror almost wanted to say no, just to see what would happen, but he knew if he passed this opportunity up he would never get this chance again. So, with no hesitation this time, Horror reached out and took Nightmare's extended hand and firmly shook it, effectively sealing the deal.

"I think you've got yourself a deal Nightmare." But little did Horror know, that decision would change his life.

————————————————————
OMG GUYS I AM SO SORRY!!! I have been meaning to finish this draft, but I kept forgetting to finish it. But today I finally wracked up the courage to finish and publish it. I'm going to try and keep a new schedule I've come up with. On Tuesdays I will update Misjudged and Mistreated, and on Sundays I will update my oneshots book. That's all from me for now. Stay safe and stay inside.

-Lucky<3