Chapter 2

No One's POV

It had been 2 weeks since that little attempt at Error's life. The whole gang had been busying themselves with preparing for their next attack. They had changed their plans a little, and instead were going to attack a copy of UnderSwap. Nightmare had been also preoccupying himself with making sure Error was fully healed, since Error insisted he wanted to help. Nightmare wanted to make sure he was healed before he threw himself into harms way.

Nightmare walked into the living room, ready to start their plan. Error was fully healed save for a few scratches, and was ready to kill Ink, even though they had explained multiple times not to do so. Killer, Dust and Horror all stood at the ready, probably excited for some action. Cross was the only one who didn't look like he was ready to kill someone, since he actually didn't kill, and instead did damage to the world's code with Error. Dust didn't actually kill either, as any more LV could kill him. So, to make up for that, anybody else who was nearby got the kill for him, since their LV wasn't really affected.

Nightmare looked everyone over, his eyes landing on Error and his determined face. "Is everyone ready?" Nightmare scanned them all again, watching as they all nodded and smirked, ready for action. Nightmare opened a portal to Underswap Copy #315, stepping through the portal. He scanned his surroundings, and looked back at the gang. "Alright everyone, you know your assignments. " Everyone nodded and went off to do their part in the plan. Nightmare sunk into the ground and reappeared in the middle of this world's Snowdin.

He quickly impaled the nearest monster with one of his tendrils, feeling a wave of fear and pain, which only fueled him. He snapped his fingers and bones suddenly erupted from the ground, impaling anyone who got in their way. Killer and Horror finished off the rest of the monsters, before turning to Nightmare. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the Papyrus of this world charging a Gaster Blaster. He reformed in front of Killer and Horror and blocked the blast with his tendrils. At the same time a tendril snaked towards Papyrus and dragged him into the snow. Blue bones trapped him in place and Nightmare walked towards him, making a circle motion behind his back, signaling the others to continue with the plan.

He stopped in front of the Papyrus and looked down at him, his eye glowing bright. "Quite a shame isn't it? Watching your world be destroyed, and not being able to do anything about it hm?" He watched as the Papyrus trembled in fear. It was delicious. "Soon your precious little brother that you care so much about will show up, and he'll end up dust." At that Papyrus sneered.

Papyrus glared and spoke, his voice laced with fear. "Who are you and why are you doing this?!"

Nightmare smirked, pleased with all the negativity that was coming off of this world in waves. He briefly wondered why the Star Jerks hadn't showed up yet, but that thought was quickly dismissed. "Because, your world is among the many that fill this multiverse, and that needs to be balanced." Nightmare grinned at the utterly confused face Papyrus wore and chuckled. "And to answer your second question," A scream suddenly tore through the air and Killer showed up with a battered Underswap Sans in his grip. The look Papyrus wore was one of pure terror and Nightmare loved it. "We are the Bad Sanses. Too bad you won't be around to tell the tale though." He heard the sound of a portal opening and signaled Killer. Another scream tore through the air and dust blew through the wind. "Say goodnight." A tendril impaled Papyrus' soul and his dust flowed through the wind alongside his brother's.

"NIGHTMARE!!!" An all too familiar shout alerted him to the presence of his brother and the Star Jerks.

Nightmare turned to face his brother and grinned. "Ah brother. We meet again it seems. What brings you here this fine day?" 

His brother gave an unamused look and glared at him. "That's enough Nightmare. Why are you attacking ANOTHER innocent AU?!"

Nightmare shook his head, chuckling softly. "You never will understand, will you, dear brother?" The universe began to collapse in on itself and Nightmare knew that there wouldn't be a need  for them to stay much longer. "Unfortunately, I will have to bid you farewell." He began to turn around when a golden arrow pierced his shoulder. Okay now he DID have a reason to stay. He turned to glare at his brother, his stare piercing. "Well now that was rude wasn't it?"

By now, the others had shown up and were poised to attack. Nightmare rose his tentacles threateningly and nodded his head slightly, which was all the gang needed to know it was time for a real fight. Killer an Dust launched themselves at Blue, while Horror, Cross and Error took on Ink. Nightmare faced off against his brother, ready to attack at a moment's notice. His brother began to launch a barrage of arrows at Nightmare, and while he couldn't dodge all of them, he was able to dodge the majority of them, catching a few in the process. He retaliated by reforming in front of Dream and lodging a tendril in his shoulder. A little payback for the arrow. Nightmare quickly retracted the tendril and moved back, away from Dream.

Dream hissed in pain and fired another volley of arrows. While Nightmare wasn't able to dodge all of them, he was able to avoid most of them, catching a few in the process. Nightmare extended a tentacle towards Dream, knocking him off his feet. Nightmare turned to look at his gang to see that Ink and Blue were losing, badly. Nightmare grinned and turned back to Dream, who had pulled himself out of the snow. "Face it Dream. You can't save this world and you know it." Dream had a crestfallen look on his face, which only proved his point. A stray bone flew towards him and he caught it with a tendril, snapping the bone in half.

Nightmare turned to his gang and snapped his fingers, bringing  their attention to him. He opened a portal and turned towards it. "We're leaving." He turned towards the portal and motioned for the gang to follow him. Before he stepped through he turned to glare at Ink. "And don't think I forgot that attack of yours, little guardian. You will one day learn to regret your actions." With that, he stepped through the portal. Once everyone had stepped through he shut the portal and he immediately relaxed. 

As soon as the portal was closed everyone sighed in relief, while Killer and Dust were cheering with glee. It was their first successful mission in a while, so he understood, and allowed them to have their moment before clearing his throat, directing everyone's attention. "Good job gang. You did well. Feel free to relax. I will inform you about the next plan in a day or so."

Everyone nodded and went their separate ways. Horror and Dust headed off towards the living room, most likely to do something together. He could already feel the positive emotions coming off of them. He wouldn't say it was the most pleasant thing, but he would tolerate it for their sakes. Cross went towards his room, most likely to devour his stash of chocolate, which was supposed to be a secret according to Cross. Killer went to go do who knows what, you never could tell with him. The only one who hadn't moved was Error.

Nightmare turned to look at Error, a questioning look in his eye. "You aren't going anywhere, are you?" Error stuck his hands in his pockets and turned away, which was enough of a yes for Nightmare. "So I assume that means you have something to discuss with me?" Error nodded his head, albeit a bit hesitantly. "Go ahead. I'm listening" Error often had trouble communicating what he wanted, so Nightmare had learned to read his movements and behaviors, so that he could say what Error couldn't.

Error turned to look at Nightmare a hesitant and nervous look in his eyes. "I... wanted to say..." Error turned away again, looking very hesitant. "Thanks. I wanted to say thanks."

Nightmare tilted his head, curious. "For what Error?" 

Error looked back at Nightmare, steadying his gaze. "For healing me. I never said thank you. I meant to, but I never did."

Nightmare smiled. So that's what had been bugging Error recently. "Of course Error. You needed help and I provided." Nightmare held Error's gaze, his stare comforting. "You are a member of this family, and we will all be there for you when you need it the most."

Error flushed a dark blue, not used to this kind of treatment. He was used to being told he was a glitch, and not ever really belonging anywhere. Error turned away from Nightmare quickly. "Thank you." He portaled away before he did something stupid.

Nightmare chuckled at how quick Error was to flee. He saw that pretty little flush on Error's skull, and he found he wanted to see more of it.

Void he had it bad didn't he?