Chapter 4

No One's POV

If you stood in the living room, you could hear clattering coming from the kitchen. Blue was busying himself trying to make lunch for his guests. Despite popular belief, Blue was actually quite a good cook, he just never really felt the need to show off or be prepared in front of Ink and Dream.

Don't get him wrong! He loved Ink and Dream, but sometimes they could be a bit judging. Well, Ink anyways.

But having the gang over was something that didn't happen all the time, and Blue was very excited to have them over after so long of not being able to converse with them. Aside from Error, he hadn't been able to hang out with them in a while.

Currently he was making tacos (of course) and some salad. He was also serving nachos and some homemade fries, since the gang would want something unhealthy to eat. He would personally be staying away from them.

As he was setting the plates with nachos on them, he heard a loud thump and a screech that's had Blue visibly jump.

"BLUE WE NEED YOUR HELP!!"

Blue had to hold back a groan and took a deep breath before turning to face the inevitable. Sure enough, Ink and Dream were standing in his doorway over the broken door.

Blue groaned, exasperated. This was the fifth time this month! Why couldn't Ink learn to not knock the door over. "I thought you weren't going to come to my house for another week. What's the problem?"

Ink made a face as if going to explain, but Dream beat him to it. "We were out on patrol and we stumbled upon a small virus that is infecting Storyshift. If we don't get rid of it soon, it might spread to some of the other neighboring AUs."

Blue tilted his head, concerned. Viruses are rare, not necessarily found often. But if it was so small, why did they need his help. He had a feeling they were hiding something. Blue sighed, disappointed they had to postpone their little lunch. "Fine, let me just go to my room real quick."

Dream and Ink were nodding, but Blue was already up the stairs. He pulled out his phone and typed a quick text to Nightmare telling him that something had come up and that they needed to postpone. He hit send and pocketed the device to check later. He ran back downstairs, ready to go.

"Okay, I'm ready." Blue grinned and waited patiently, masking his disappointment.

Dream nodded and opened a portal to Storyshift, stepping through. Blue and Ink followed after him quickly.

I hope they're not actually hiding anything bad.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

Error was sitting on the couch sewing a small pair of gloves. It was going to start getting a bit cold soon and Error wanted to be prepared. Before he could tie the knot and seal the gloves, he heard a ping from someone's phone.

He snapped his head up and put the gloves down for a moment. He looked at the table in front of the couch and sure enough, Nightmare's phone sat there, screen lit up with an incoming message. Error quickly snatched the phone and looked at the message.

Blue. It was from Blue. Huh. He opened Nightmare's phone, and yes he had broke into his phone plenty of times by now and Nightmare didn't even bother at this point anymore, and checked the message.

Blue: Sorry. Unfortunately a bit of a problem has came up and I will have to leave for a while. I will hopefully be back soon so you can still come over, but maybe for dinner instead. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Error tilted his head, kinda disappointed. He had really been looking forward to going over. Oh well, he should probably tell Nightmare anyways so he could break the news to the gang. Before he could even stand up, a tentacle wound itself around the wrist holding the phone. Error jumped slightly, still not entirely used to touch.

"What do you think you're doing with my phone, Glitchy."

Error chuckled softly, already knowing that he was just messing with him. He turned around and was met with the face of the goopy Octopus king. "Hello Nightmare. I had your phone because Blue texted. Turns out something happened and we can't go right now. But we will be able to later he said."

Nightmare sighed and shook his head. "The gang isn't going to like that."

Error laughed, having a feeling they wouldn't take it too well. Cross would almost certainly be all mopey for the rest of the day, and Killer and Dust would want to go take the rage out on an AU, and Horror would... well Horror would probably be disappointed, but nothing else.

Nightmare looked at Error and released the tentacle on Error's wrist. "Now can I have my phone back? I've been looking for it."

Error smiled and nodded, handing it back to him. Nightmare took the phone and put it in his pocket. "Now come on. Let's go break the news."

"Break what news?"

Error groaned. "Well, speak of the devil."

Killer was the one who had spoken, Cross, Horror, and Dust standing behind him.

Nightmare looked at them for a moment before looking away. "We're not going to Blue's place after all."

"WHAT?!?!?"

They were pissed. Well at least Killer, and Dust. Cross was just sad and Horror was disappointed. Damn, he's good at predicting things.

Nightmare sighed, exasperated. "It's not like it was my choice. Something came up and Blue has to go handle it. Nothing else."

Error nodded. "And Blue said we might be able to go over later if he gets back home in time."

Killer and Dust looked at each other and grinned. Killer looked at Nightmare and smiled politely. "Can me and Dust go and destroy an AU? Please, please, please?"

Nightmare may seem tough on the outside, but on the inside, he's really soft and cares about his gang. Nightmare sighed and nodded. "Just be back in less than an hour."

Killer and Dust let out shouts of joy, excited to take their anger out. Killer and Dust walked through a portal to who knows what AU, before it closed.

Nightmare walked to the couch and sat down next to Error, and Horror and Cross walked to the kitchen. Horror most likely going to make lunch and Cross probably going to eat chocolate.

Error leaned back against the couch and closed his eyes. He had a bad feeling, and after years of being alone, he had learned to trust his instincts, and his instincts were telling him that something was horribly wrong in the multiverse. He just hoped he was wrong.

Hey there everyone! I told you to expect another chapter, right? Anyways this is where the real conflict is going to begin. So I hope you guys are ready for that. See y'all next time!

~Lucky