Prologue(Dust)

Hello! I'm on crunch time so I'll keep it short. Hope you guys enjoy!
•~~~~~~~~~•

No One's POV

In a barren underground, there lived only one monster, and he was far from sane. Dust flowed through the wind and Settled on the ground of Snowdin. A pair of feet trudged through the snow, snow being kicked up in small flurries. The skeleton had a blazing eye light, red rimmed with blue, shining spectacularly in the dark underground. He would occasionally turn his skull and seem to converse with something that wasn't there. 

This skeleton went by the name of Dust. He killed everyone in the entire underground to get enough LOVE to beat the human, which he did. But it left everyone dead because Dust couldn't reset, and neither could the human. For years he's been alone in the underground, wishing for someone, anyone, to find him. 

Feverish whispering could be heard if you listened close enough. Dust stopped in his tracks and turned to look at something. He was suddenly alert and looking at the surrounding trees and buildings warily. Dust suddenly jolted, when he heard a slithering noise, not a pleasant one. He spun around, eye light flaring, towards where he had heard the noise.

He had only just turned around when something cold and wet wrapped around his neck. Without thinking, he summoned a gaster blaster and let it go off, hoping to hit his unknown assailant. Suddenly the thing around his neck, a tentacle he realized, retracted. With his restraint gone, he turned around and saw a skeleton standing opposite him. This skeleton had a tar like substance coating his entire body, and four tentacles protruding from his back, which he assumed were what grabbed him. The skeleton gave a haunting grin and retracted his tentacles.

"Good job. After so long in isolation I wasn't sure you were able to fight properly." The skeleton said the words as if it was a joke, which Dust found he did not like.

Dust stared at the skeleton with no interest whatsoever, hoping it would make him leave, even though he so desperately wanted some kind of contact. "So? What's it to you? I don't even know who you are."

The skeleton dropped the grin and instead gave a mostly normal looking smile. "Of course. How could I forget. My name is Nightmare, King of Negativity." Nightmare waited patiently, most likely expecting a reply of some sort.

Dust realized the skeleton, Nightmare, was waiting for him to give his name. "Dust. My name is Dust." Dust looked away for a moment to ask himself what the hell was going on. He thought he had killed them all, but here this skeleton was. And that's another thing! He thought him and Papyrus were the only two skeletons in the underground.

"Hmmm. Well, Dust, You've been here all alone for a few years now, yes?" Nightmare looked Dust dead in the eyes, and for the first time in a long while, he felt fear, and a shiver ran up his spine. Dust was actually scared, and Nightmare seemed to sense it, because he gained a grin again.

Dust gulped and hesitantly answered. "Yeah. Why?" Dust knew he probably shouldn't be asking questions, but he needed to know what the hell this random skeleton was doing here.

Nightmare nodded to himself before looking Dust in the eyes. "I have an offer for you. An offer I think you will quite like." Dust, intrigued, nodded, urging him to go on. "You work to spread negativity throughout the multiverse, and I provide you with shelter, food, and other people. Actual people." Nightmare looked at Dust for a reaction, and a reaction he got.

Dust startled at two things. One, there was a multiverse?! He thought that was just a theory, a theory he had wanted to explore before, well, you know. And two, He could talk to other people. Not just Papyrus, who, half the time he talked was just insulting him. That would be a great improvement. He wanted to say yes, but he stopped himself. Who would willingly talk to him. Who would want to talk to a broken skeleton like him.

Nightmare seemed to sense his self doubt and hesitance, so he reassured Dust. "Dust, I promise you. These people were in situations similar to yours. They won't judge you or hate you for that. And I'm not usually one to make promises, so take it or leave it." Nightmare then held out his hand for Dust to take. "So do we have a deal?"

Dust almost reached out and took the hand on impulse, so desperate for contact, but stopped himself. He had to actually think about the offer. If what Nightmare said was true, he would be in a better place than somewhere he didn't want to be, but spreading negativity throughout a whole multiverse?! "Would these other people be helping me in the whole 'spreading negativity thing', or not?"

Nightmare smiled, not a hauntingly terrifying grin, but not a normal one either, more so a reassuring smile and spoke. "Yes, they will be going with you on almost all your missions. They have been on a few missions already, so they will help you out." Nightmare kept his outstretched hand extended, expecting Dust to take it.

Dust could hear Papyrus telling him to not take it, saying it was a trap, he was gullible, the likes. But Dust had his mind made up. He shakily reached out one of his hands and grasped Nightmare's hand. It had been so long since he had physical contact with another monster, so it was strange, but he quickly got used to it. "Yeah. We have a deal Nightmare."

Nightmare firmly shook his hand and grinned at Dust. "Good. Good."