Fallout

I stood in front of the fire, bedazzled and curious. I went closer to it, and it burned more and more. Everyone was shocked, furious, afraid, disturbed. I didn't know why, because fire was such a beautiful element. It was dancing, moving, and shining. Yet that changed when I see something move inside it. A silhouette, looking at me with its empty eyes, moving slowly towards me. The silhouette dropped down in front of me.

And there, I saw it.

A corpse, molten and burned down.

Everyone was afraid, so they fled. There was I, alone, and hurt. I ran away too, I tried finding mother, but when I saw her, she had been burned too. By the flames. She held something. Her hand was closed, and something was tucked in. She wouldn't let go of it even when she took her final breath. I tried forcing her hand to open, and I saw a shimmering ring, embroidered with diamonds. I took the ring, maybe it was mother's ring. Though I have never met my father, maybe this was the only thing she wants to bring in escape.

I followed the others, I escaped and fled. Then I stopped at shore. There was just a boat left and everyone had boarded. I couldn't swim. I tried to get inside, but they forced me out.

"We don't want a murderer with us."

I remember being splashed down by water, and falling on the water of Goiky Canal. It hurt so much. Maybe this was it, maybe this was my time. At least I could be with mother. Last thing I saw was, a white light in front of my eyes before I finally slept to my death.

Or so I thought.

I had woken up in the land of Goiky.