Mesmerizing

It was hot inside the blacksmithing chamber. The smell of metal such as iron could be smelled from outside. Leafy sat on the block of stone, staring at the magic infront of her. The chamber, it was really hot. Leafy, obviously, was sweating, but she kept her form. She looked at him— her hands on her chin, elbows on her knees. Firey had now formed a second spear for the past 2 hours. When he had put it down, he looked at Leafy, whose name he hadn't asked yet. He felt awkward to be watched like this, since he's never had anyone watch him. He shrugged off the thought, and grabbed another piece of iron from the cart.

  "Are you hot?" said the object to him.

  "I'm literal fire. I don't think I'm feeling hot. Why? Are you?" Firey snarked at the object.

  "It's not too hot. Though, what's in front of me is much hotter."

  Then Firey just realised what they had said as he looked back to them. The room suddenly got hotter, and he just realised his flames got higher.

  "Are.. are you stunned?" Replied the Leaf as she got closer to him.

  Firey calmed himself down, and finally returned to his normal state. "And so what if I am? Plus, why aren't you- I don't know somewhere else?"

  The leaf stopped at her steps, then crossed her arms. "Hmm.. maybe it's because.. it's mesmerizing?"

  Mesmerizing. What a word. Firey remembered a play he watched before as a kid. The tale tells of a princess, running away from her problems, and found a staircase to the moon. Legend says that stairs to the moon are choices, to stay and rethink about the life on the earths, or to go up to the moon, and live under the guidance of the Gods. However, the moon shone so brightly that night, that she was mesmerized by it.

  -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

   Hours later, Firey had gotten his cloak on, dragging all the weapons with him. He looked at the object, who doesn't seem to like the outside. "Do you want to go out?"

  The object paused, and stuttered. "Well, I would love to, but I can't go out because of the sun."

  He sighed, then took off his cloak, and gave it to her. The object stared at the ruffled cloak, and just took it. The cloak was dusty, it colored of velvety sheen, there were a few loose threads, holes around it. It looked as if the object was concerned, or worried. Firey groaned, and took the cloak from the hands of the object and wrapped it around them. "It looked as if you didn't know how to wear one yourself." The object beamed at him, and helped Firey out.

  It's been months since Firey had opened his stand. It was dusty, and possibly infested by insects. The object next to him looked ta the stand emotionless, then scrunched their face in disgust. He saw what they had saw as well. The stall was filled with cockroaches, and the hell insect, spiders.

  Leafy tried her best to keep her guts, and swallowed it back. Looking away from the insects, she asked the confused boy next to her, "Don't you ever clean this place?" Firey didn't break his stare at the insects, watching every single move of their tiny, tiny legs. "No, I don't."

  "How come?"

   "Well, first of all I—" Firey soon stopped his explanation, remembering a traumatizing memory of why he couldn't get inside. "Never mind."

    Leafy looked at the dusty, dirty stall. God forbid he actually sold such shiny things in this stall. Then she saw him settle up everything, pulling out something that looked like a shiny silver blanket made of silk. It illuminated in the morning light, changing what had looked like a trash dump into something.. something marvelous.

   Firey had gotten everything ready, as he looked at the frozen object infront of him. He grinned, and took out a bell. "Watch this."

  He rung the bell, a familiar tone played in it. Soldiers, aristocrats, looked at the place where he had settled his stall. They whispered, and walked towards the stall. When they had saw the others walking to the same stall, knowing it only opens a few times a month. They walked faster, and eventually ran. Firey pulled the object behind him, as he watched as the people pushed each other, dropping their gold and silver coins onto the stand.

In just about an hour, Firey had gone out of stock. He counted his pocket, there were more tips this time. There were atleast 9 mana, and 8 gold coins. Possibly his largest income ever. Leafy looked behind him, astounded. "Have you.. eaten?" He asked the object as they widen their eyes. "Is this an invitation to breakfast?"

  Firey laughed, and nodded.

"How could you possibly invite someone to eat with you when you don't know their name?" The object remarked.

  Firey stood there in embarrassment. "Wow. Sorry. Then I'd like to restart this formally. I am-" He paused, and pulled her close. "Firey."

"Why did you whisper?" Asked the object. "Because- it's not important- just tell me your name, I'm hungry." Firey reasoned, and the object sighed. "Well, I'm Leafy, casanova boy."