~•*(1)*•~

10 years later, Kirishima POV:

Ever since I was introduced to the idea of soulmates, I realised whoever was linked to me would be in for a rough ride. In the last ten years to which the connection has been evident, I have not been proved wrong.

I can't help but feel guilt for whoever is waiting for me. The most pain they have ever passed onto me is a slap, and not a hard one at that. I can't say what I (and therefore they) have endured is lenient. I'd prefer to spare you the details, but I'm sure you will eventually come to find that my daily routine is anything but peaceful.

I wake up to freezing water splashing over my face, rousing me from my slumber. As I sit up gasping, my mother screeches insults at me before she leaves the room to slouch in front of the tv. I jump up from my make-do mattress bed and quickly wash and dress myself. When I leave the house I am ignored, I take no lunch with me to school and I eat no breakfast.

By the gates of my grey-toned middle school, the regular gang of boys greet me. They demand money and when I tell them I don't have any, they beat the shit out of me. They're all upperclassmen, too above me for me to remember who they are.

I walk to class with my head bowed, my nose is bleeding and I'm bruised all over. In class, my mind wanders until the bell sounds and I suddenly realise that I completely missed the lesson. My teacher pulls me aside and tells me how my grades are concerning and that he will have to contact mother. I nod silently and walk to the restrooms, finding my usual stall to wait out lunch.

The rest of the day goes by like a blue. I trudge home in the rain, eventually noticing that I accidentally miss my curfew. When I open the door I quietly shake off the water droplets to try not to wake my mother, but there will be no escape from my punishment.