~•*(5)*•~

Kirishima POV:

I wake up sore, but what's new. Quietly, I crawl out of bed and dress myself for school. Then I walk to school as usual, expecting to be given the usual treatment. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see the group of guys coming my way now.

"Look who it is, it's the-" a string of slurs escapes his mouth. I keep my head bowed to avoid eye contact. Yes, it's true that I'm gay. How that gives these boys the right to insult me, I don't know but they take pleasure in it anyway.

They start beating me into the floor, squashing me into a broken mass of purple bruises and bright, bleeding vermillion wounds. Occasionally, I gasp for air but I am continuously kicked in the diaphragm which makes me wheeze and cough.

Then she shows up. What originally appears as a distant pinkish blob becomes a more defined figure of Mina Ashido, one of the most popular people in my year. I don't exactly hear what she says but the bullies leave and the girl drags me to my feet. She goes to help me walk but I insist that I'm fine.

She introduces herself, not that it's needed, and I'm about to turn away from her when she gently takes my by the shoulder and mutters just loud enough for me to hear. "I'm gay too." Before I can think, I respond to her statement with a quick hug before I protest that we should leave before we're late to class. As if by magic, we walked away from there together, chatting quietly as we walked, somehow already good friends despite the fact we only just properly met.

(Sorry, it's been a while. I got a little distracted but I'll try to update as often as possible)