Dreams

Word count: 1.4K (I know it's long sorry)
This chapter is inspired by the song Dreams by Bazzi.
You can listen to the song while reading if you want to. But the song might finish before the chapter lol.
Enjoy!
—————————————————————————————————————————————

Like every night, I'm here. In this beautiful beach. I can clearly see the stars, I guess it's because there's no one here. Except for him and me.

I saw him setting up a teepee with some blankets and pillows. It looked really comfy.

I headed over him.

-how long have you been waiting for me?- I said as I stood next to him. He was still making sure the teepee looked good.

-Not for long, you know I can't really remember anything before you came. Did you forgot our dreams can't start without each other?- He said while finally sitting on the teepee.
I sat beside him and covered both of our bodies with the blanket.

-Ethan, have you ever wondered where are we?- I asked him.

-we are in a beach- Ethan said while laughing.

-I know that dummy. I was talking about the dream. Why does it have to be a beach? Why are both of us here?

-it's just a place, where space and time doesn't exists-he replied while looking at me with his dreamy eyes.

-Just us.

After I said that everything started to look blurry. With every second that passed, the alarm sound became clearer.
When i was finally awake I turned off my alarm and started to get ready for school.

It may seem weird, but I'm used to it now. Everyone is.

I started to have this type of dreams when I turned 10 years old. Since then every single night I have been dreaming with this beach and with him.
I can control what I say and what I do. It's almost like being conscious. But I can't change the place neither the person who I am with.

The name of the guy who I share dreams with is Ethan, he is a really nice guy and he is a silly little goofball. We have been through this for 5 years now.

We all have been taught what are this dreams for:
When you turn 10 years old you start to share dreams with your soulmate, they say it's to get to know them before you meet each other.
Supposedly when you get married with your soulmate you stop sharing dreams because you are "living the dream everyday."

I never have met Ethan in real life. We never talk about it either.
I guess we just try to use all of our time in our happy place doing stuff we never could do in real life.

Taking about the real life. Right now I'm at hell ,also known as school.

When I arrived to my first class I saw my best friend with a grin on her face. I knew she was up to something so I approached her.

-everything's fine?- I said while takin a seat next to her.

-you won't believe what happened to me yesterday- she said and with out skipping a beat she continued- I met my soulmate.