🍂LEARNING FROM THE PAST🍂

We returned home a couple of days after our meeting in the palace. Our routine was the same as always, however, the atmosphere felt different, lighter ... Happier. It was like waking up after a good night's rest.
One night, after closing the store, Asra proposed to go on a picnic the next day, after all it would be our day off. I accepted without hesitation, we had not done something like that for a while, so I prepared some blankets and things we would need to get out of the house early.

The next morning we all left home early and headed to a beautiful meadow just outside Vesuvia. We take place under a fig tree and spend time playing. In the middle of the afternoon, after lunch, Magnus and Faust fell asleep like little children. Asra and I lay side by side looking at the clouds.

-Asra ... - I said.

-Hmm? -

- How old are you? - I know we are young, but I had never really thought about age.

-Haha ... What a strange question ... I'm 27. - He said with a calm smile.

-Oh ... And how old am I?

- Hmm you're 23, honey- He said with a very tender tone and kissed me on the temple.

- Wow! I did not expect that! You are an old man!

Really the age difference is not much but I like to joke with him.

- Hmmm ... Maybe, but strong and good enough in bed. - I couldn't help my face from turning into five different shades of red before releasing a nervous laugh.

- Haha on you're right ... Baby? - Another question came to my mind.

- Hmm?

- When's your birthday?

- ... June 13, love.

Somehow I felt that I was winning the heaven and really knowing Asra. He didn'k asked why I wanted to know that.

-I see ... How cute! And ... When is my birthday? - I asked shyly.

He sat up, his face with an expression of guilt and sadness as he looked at the horizon.

-... April 11.

I saw a tear slip down his cheek, as if saying it caused him deep pain. However he denied me no answer.

- Asra What... What's wrong, my love? I said something wrong?

He just shook his head as he cried silently avoiding my gaze.

- Look at me, please! You don't have to tell me anything else if you don't want to. I'm sorry for making you feel bad... I'll never ask again, I promise. - I was scared and sorry to see him like that.

- No, enough! I can no longer take your life. You are a person, not a pet, or an object. You have a birthday, you had a family, you have a past. It's because of my selfishness that you died 5 years ago and it's because of my selfishness that you are here today... Cause I have only thought of myself and it's not fair. So I want you to ask me everything you want, everything that comes to your mind. I don't want to hide anything that belongs to you anymore.

I'm speechless. It seemed that Asra knew that this day would come and yet it caused him great pain to hide it and fear to say it. The words came out of his mouth as if he were really tired of hiding it.

I approach him and hug him, holding his face on my chest and stroking his hair until he begins to calm down.

- It's ok, baby. I didn't know it hurt so much to keep that... I want you to be fine, I want both of us to be fine. Even if you don't tell me anything I'll take it.

- Do you know why I was always far from home?

- 'Cause was it dangerous for me?

- No...'cause I was afraid to face this... To face you and reality. Afraid that you hated me for what happened for what I did and for hiding your own truth. I was afraid you wouldn't love me again like you did before ... And I can't take this anymore.

- B... But Asra I love you more than anything in the world! How can you think that? I have always loved you and always will. I don't mind what happened to me to die, I thank you for giving me another chance to be with you. Let it go... Stop blaming yourself. Let me meet you and meet me again. I will never stop loving you. I'm going to marry you no matter what happened. I just want to know who I am... or who I was. I feel lost... I'm sorry.

- Forgive me please... I'll never leave you again, I'll not walk away or hide anything from you, I promise. I can't live without you.

I took one of his hands and placed it on my heart.

- We are oneself. I can't live without you either.

Asra looked me in the eye, He looked much calmer this time and nodded. A slight smile appeared on his lips. I lay down and snuggled it in my chest. His heartbeat and breathing decreased. Fear left him beat by beat.

In the end we stay like this, our bodies linked, our hearts beating in unison and the promise to learn from the past to free ourselves and move forward. I stroked Asra's hair while singing a song.

I don't know if I have to look at the sky.
I live between the earth and the stars.
I don't know how to escape from what I feel My love
I don't know how to leave your mark behind.

It burns my heart over low heat.
The sad reality of not be with you.
I struggle with guilt and torment at the thought
That I will die wanting to love you.

Moon of sorrow
New and growing
Brave moon
Waning and full.
Four moons
Four moons.
There won't be an equal night
There will be none.

AUTOR: The lyrics of the song are from "Cuatro Lunas" by Paté de Fua.