🥀TEARING ROSES🔥🔥

It's been a few months since Asra and Julian are already part of the Vesuvian court. Nadia has proposed us to move to a bigger house and close to the palace but our shop has great sentimental value for us, so we decided to stay.

Being alone is no longer that difficult because Asra's trips take a day or two at most and although he is out all day, he always comes back at night and spend some great time with me.

Work in the shop has become more difficult for me to handle alone. We have become very popular since Asra became a courtier, so I thought it might be a good idea to have some help.

That night Asra returned home late, it was almost midnight and he looked exhausted. I received him with a delicate hug and a tender kiss on his lips.

- Come upstairs, my love, I prepared your favorite tea.

- Sounds great, sweetie. It was a busy day in the flooded district.

I guided him to the kitchen table, poured him a cup of tea and began to massage his shoulders and neck until the tension in his body disappeared.

- You've been too stressed these days, my love. May I help you?

- Hmm... There's nobody better than you to help me, baby... But I'm afraid it's not just the flooded district we're working on...

- What do you mean?

- Well... We discovered a group of people traffickers on the outskirts of the city... It seems that Valdemar bought people to experiment with them.

- That's terrible, my love!

- That's why I can't let you get involved right now, baby. These people are not happy with Valdemar's absence and things are getting serious. They threaten to enter the city and collect what Valdemar promised them if they are not paid what they demand.

Asra looked very worried. His gaze was a mixture of sadness, worry and fatigue.I watched him with wide eyes while listening to him. What he said scared me a lot.

- But... the palace does not have enough money to cover the debt and so they leave us alone?

- It has it, but they don't just want money.

- Not just...? What more do they want?

- They want women and girls ... They also want territory within Vesuvia.

Asra looked at me with fear in her eyes, as if I was going to disappear at any moment.

- They don't know about you. You and Portia are the most precious secret we have in this matter. Ilya and I fear that if they know about you two, you'll be attacked and used to control us.

- What the hell do these people think?! Why do they want women and girls as payment?

At that moment I felt a great indignation and fear thinking about all the people that could be affected.

- To sell them... Adult women are sold as slaves... On the other hand, girls...

- Girls?...

I asked with fear that his answer was what I was thinking.

- There are those who pay a lot of money for virgins.

Asra looked at the floor with indignation and anger in his eyes. He clenched his fists very hard.

-What? How could anyone ...

- Sometimes humans are the cruelest beings of all, love.

- You said it was just a group. Why doesn't Nadia imprison them?