00:14 [M]

⚠️This chapter holds mature themes that be triggering to some

"𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐁𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐖. Where could he have gone?"

Elizabeth paces back and forth, her eyes wide as she vocalizes her worry about Perceval's whereabouts. Night has fallen and he hasn't returned. Something about it doesn't feel right... She shouldn't have left without checking in with him.

She continues to pace, Tristan and Henry standing across the room from each other, their eyes locked on Elizabeth. She hasn't stopped moving since they arrived back at the inn.

Tristan finally steps forward and catches Elizabeth by the upper arms, spinning her around so he can look down at her. "Respirez, Elizabeth. S'inquiéter ne servira à rien," he says softly, his hands grabbing either side of her face. Take a breath, Elizabeth. Worrying will do no good.

He smoothes down her hair and presses a gentle kiss to her forehead before releasing her from his grip. Elizabeth closes her eyes and nods her head. "Okay," she whispers as she inhales deeply. "But I know something is wrong. I can feel it."

"Could he have someone he's occupied himself with?" Henry pipes up, the calm of his voice soothing Elizabeth's nerves slightly. She turns around and shakes her head at him.

"No, he would have left a note."

"There's no chance at all he has a special girl he has kept hidden?" he pushes, vocalizing a possibility Elizabeth didn't think about.

Elizabeth's eyes quickly dart to Tristan, who seems rather tense as he stares Henry down. Elizabeth knows he does in fact have a special someone hidden away in the town but he would not have gone to him without leaving some sort of evidence of his whereabouts.

"No," she repeats.

Henry nods and accepts his defeat. He's about to say something else when a knock echoes through the room. Both Tristan and Elizabeth freeze, their eyes slowly sliding to the door behind Henry.

"Oh, could that be him?" Henry questions with a bright tone, his hand gesturing over his shoulder to the door. He begins to take a step forward when Elizabeth raises her hand.

"He wouldn't knock."

Henry stops in his tracks and looks down at her, his brows furrowing. Elizabeth turns and faces the door, pushing Tristan's hand away as he attempts to stop her. She pulls the latch, opening the door slowly.

All of her worries about Perceval fly out of the window as she stares up at the man in the doorway. "Enfoiré." As soon as the vile word leaves her mouth she lunges at Edwin, freezing when she notices the lump across his shoulders. You bastard.