00:15

𝐋𝐈𝐙 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃, 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐘

𝐋𝐈𝐙 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃, 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐘. It falls with a clatter to the cracked cobblestone ground. Henry stands a good distance behind her, watching with wide eyes as she twists and turns expertly, landing a fatal blow with every swing.

He has no doubt she'd be able to kill a man should she try.

After hearing a rather suspicious story from Edwin about the events that transpired before Perceval's attack, Liz promised him dinner if he would leave her alone. That's all it took to get the blonde man to leave.

She tasked Tristan with cleaning Perceval up before storming from the room. Other residents of the inn practically leaped out of her way as she stomped her way down the halls. She took turns left and right, almost losing Henry with the speed at which she traveled.

After a minute they emerged in the courtyard where the horses are kept and she immediately pulled a dull training sword from the rack next to the stables and didn't hesitate for a second to swing at the dummy, despite the low visibility from the flickering candles illuminating the dark courtyard.

After a while the dummy began to lose various parts until there was nothing left aside from a tattered torso.

Henry watches as Liz swings with a guttural grunt, the sword knocking the dummy head clean off its peg. He gently approaches her, unaware that she's oblivious to his presence.

The snap of a twig beneath Henry's foot causes her to whirl on him, her left arm folded with the elbow directed at him, the sword laying on top of her arm. She storms him, her eyes full of hatred and anger before she realizes who he is.

She continues to stare down the dulled blade at him until she lowers her arm, the sword falling at her side. "You ought to know better than to sneak up on a lady," she mutters, her forehead gleaming with sweat and her cheeks tinted pink.

Her chest heaves though she doesn't appear exhausted by the workout. "I was simply going to inquire if you're alright?" His voice comes across soft which causes Liz to drop the blade at her side, her shoulders slumping. Now she looks exhausted.

The flickering candlelight casts shadows across her face, making her look far worse. Henry gently places his hands on her upper arms and looks down at her for a moment before pulling her into a hug.

She hesitates for a moment before wrapping her arms around his body and squeezing tight. "I know it's hard to see someone you love in pain," he says softly, his cheek resting against the top of her head, "but he's alive, that much we should be grateful for."

Liz cries softly, her head shaking in his grip. "He's such a kind person," she whispers. "He would never hurt someone without cause." Henry nods and places one hand on the back of her head.