00:21 [M]

𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇'𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐇 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑

𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇'𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐇 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑. She sighs heavily before opening her eyes fully.

She stares up at the canopy around before sitting up. She looks down, surprised to see a shirtless Henry laying beside her. She quickly looks around before remembering she had ridden to the castle the night before to release some of her anger and stress. She didn't, however, get entirely what she was seeking out.

She looks back to Henry, who lays on his stomach, his arms tucked beneath the pillow. Elizabeth smiles at him before leaning down and moving to brush his hair from his face.

It's then that she finally notices the haircut.

She sits up and frowns, taking notice of the traditional royal cut as Henry's eyes crack open. He blinks once before rolling onto his side, one arm still tucked beneath the pillow. "Good morning," he says, his voice raspy from sleep.

Elizabeth smiles and pushes his shoulder so he rolls onto his back. She straddles his waist and leans down, one arm crossed over his chest, her other hand playing with his freshly cut hair. "Good morning, Your Highness," she says with a coy smile.

Henry's hands slide up her legs and land on her waist. He lets out a soft groan as he cocks his head. "I just took notice of your hair," she says softly, her eyes meeting his.

He sighs softly, a near invisible smile coming to his face. "Ah," he mutters. "Do you like it?"

He tries to pass it off as a simple question but the look in his eyes tells Elizabeth he's seeking her approval. She sits up, her hands resting on either side of his face. Her hair hangs over her shoulders, the cool air of the castle causing goosebumps to rise along her skin. "Of course," she says as she runs one hand through it. "Though I do enjoy to have a bit more to hold onto," she says playfully, a smirk coming to her face.

Henry gives her a pleased look, his bottom lip between his teeth. "My lady," he says as he sits up, his arms wrapping around her waist. He pulls her closer as he shifts. Elizabeth bites her tongue as she feels him through the thin fabric of her nightgown. "Your words..." he trails off, his eyes half closed.

She giggles and leans back slightly, her eyes locked on his. She lets out a soft sigh as she looks around the extravagant room. "I could get used to this," she murmurs before meeting Henry's eyes. He raises a brow in question. "Waking up with you by my side."

Her words are soft as she leans in and gently rubs the tip of her nose against his. He smiles at her, his eyes falling shut as they sit in close proximity to each other. His eyes open and Elizabeth finds herself falling into them.

She scans his face, taking in every little detail, like the way his eyes fade from light brown and green to a deep blue on the rim; the little splatter of freckles that span across his nose; his rather sharp cheekbones that reveal themselves every time he smirks.