3.

Fred and James had been brainstorming ideas on how to get the Marauders Map back, but so far each idea was... well stupid. Both boys found themselves frustrated at this, Fred suggested they go out to the Black Lake as fresh air often helped spring good ideas. The boys were headed there when they ran into the exact girl they were scheming about, Cassiopeia Malfoy.

Cassie was headed the opposite way as them and she was alone. The three almost collided. Fred and James whipped out their wands, pointing them at Cassie, she was unaffected by their threat.

"Give us the map back!" Fred spoke. Cassie cocked her head and answered slowly.

"Yeah, okay." The boys grinned at each other and started to lower their wands, until she continued her sentence. "Show me how it works and I'll be glad to give it back to you." Both boys frowned at her and shook their heads in disagreement. She shrugged then as they pointed their wands at her. She reached into her pockets and pulled out her wand and the map. They tensed awaiting flying spells. She pointed her wand at the map.

"I know you said this wouldn't work, but..." she tapped her wand on the parchment and said "Specialis Revelio." Both boys beamed, knowing exactly what would happen. The parchment was no longer blank, black letters curled in neat script across the page.

"Mr. Moony extends a kind welcome to Miss. Cassiopeia Malfoy and suggests she leaves him alone." The parchment had written out, Cassie smiles and taps the parchment again.

"Show me the map." No map appears, but more words do. They appeared under the previous sentence.

"Mr. Padfoot would like to say that Cassiopeia Malfoy should keep her pretty nose out of other people's business.

Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Padfoot's sentiments and adds that Slytherins are awful, no-good, arrogant arses.

Mr. Wormtail bids Miss. Malfoy a good day and advises her to keep her annoying mouth shut in the future."

Both boys grinned in satisfaction, waiting for Cassie to yell in indignation and angrily throw the map back at them. Instead she let out a joyous laugh.

"Oh, how clever. It's charmed to insult whomever tries to reveal it incorrectly?" Cassie inquired with another laugh. James was fuming and he turned to Fred expecting him to be just as angry. However, Fred was grinning and sniggering.

"You know if you hadn't stolen that from us and you weren't a Slytherin, I would like you a lot." Fred chuckled to Cassie, who smirked back at him.

"But if I hadn't taken the map, you wouldn't know you liked me." She pointed out with a sneaky grin. Fred snorted and laughed harder.

"Don't laugh at that!" James snapped. "I say we cast a full body-bind on her, take the map and leave her in the middle of the corridor." Cassie rolled her eyes.

"Don't be so dramatic. Plus you both may want to put your wands away soon." James opened his mouth ready to utter a spell, when from around the corner came Molly Weasley. Both boys cursed under their breath.

"Fred Weasley and James Potter, what do you think you are doing?" Her voice was an angry squawk. Molly Weasley was Head Girl this year and thought that rules should be followed very strictly. Since James and Fred were always pulling pranks, Molly was always attempting to punish them. Any slight infraction they may commit, Molly would seek it out and punish them for it.

James thought he might dislike Molly more than he disliked Slytherins, Fred confirmed that he definitely disliked Molly more. He wasn't sure if he should be more angry with Cassie or scared of Molly.