7.

The Slytherin dorms were in uproar. Girls were shrieking, boys cursing, and everyone waving their wands around in the chaos. The 6th year girls slept peacefully, fully unaware to the absolute pandemonium happening just outside their bedroom. All, but one that is. Cassie had woken to the first shriek with a huge grin on her face.

Giggles, shrieks and cursing were Cassie's new favorite morning sound she decided in that moment. She slowly rose from her bed and began readying herself.

"What the bloody hell?" A loud voice echoed in their dorm. Hannah had sat up straight in her bed, hair mussed and everywhere, blinking wearily.

"Language Han." Layla muttered through a yawn as she too sat up. "What's going on?" She blinked in confusion as more cursing could be heard.

"That's what I just asked!" Hannah yelled in indignation. Layla turned to Cassie.

"Don't know I've only just woken from the racket myself, thought I'd put clothes on before going to see it." The other two girls in Cassie's dorm, Carol Finnegan and Emma MacMillan had finally awoken too.

"What's that awful racket?" Emma's whiny, nasal voice cried as she clutched her hands over her ears.

"Not this again." Hannah mumbled as Cassie repeated what she'd told Layla. The girls decided getting dressed was indeed priority. They yanked on clothes, applied make-up and did hair as fast as they could before cautiously poking out into the hallways. Girls covered in glitter were running up and down the stairs. Glitter covered the floors, rugs and was pouring out the doors to the dorms the girls could see.

"What the bloody hell!" Hannah exclaimed in excitement.

"What a horrid mess!" Emma squawked as she leaned away from the falling glitter.

"The dorms are raining glitter!" A fifth year girl was crying loudly. "It's everywhere!"

Fred and James were nervous. Had Zabini been able to see them last night? They watched as scowling Slytherins coated in glitter entered the Great Hall for breakfast. They left sparkly trails and bouts of laughter behind them. Even the teachers were chuckling about the sparkly Slytherin table.

Fred was surprised to see that the 7th and 6th year Slytherin boys were coated in the sparkles as well, he figure they must have run into the younger year dorms to check out the commotion.

Cassie and her dorm mates walked in clean, earning glares from the other Slytherins. Cassie bee-lined for the Gryffindor table, earning herself more glares from the Slytherins. She ignored them all.

"I had to finish it by myself after you guys left last night." Cassie's voice was quiet and slightly humorous. She like Fred, James and Alfie had noticed the way all of Gryffindor was listening to their conversation. The Hogwarts student body wasn't dumb. They knew who the pranksters of the school were, and they had noticed that one of the few Slytherins unaffected by the prank was talking to the suspected pranksters. Gryffindors had a duty to the rest of the school to eavesdrop and spread the gossip.

"Sorry, we got kicked out of the library." James invented an excuse for them to be talking.

"It's fine, I talked to Professor Boot and convinced him that it wasn't your fault. Then I did the last two parts of the project." The Gryffindors were growing bored with the talk about potions class and projects and had begun returning to their own conversations.

"You talked to him? Did he…" Fred trailed off realising he couldn't say anything else. Cassie shook her head though and whispered.

"Had no clue." Fred let out a breath of relief and heard James do the same.

"Thank Merlin!" He practically shouted. By now everyone was back in their own conversations, they ignored Fred's outbursts, they were a common happening.