20.

All of the adults were dancing. Most of the children had run inside by now and were playing with their new toys and gadgets or the others' new things. Teddy, Victoire, James and Cassie all sat on the porch watching the parents dance to the music that hummed from the small radio. The music had been enchanted louder for it to be heard better and it was perfect for the slow shifting dance between couples.

"Vic?" Teddy had stood and offered his hand to Victoire. She accepted with a smile and the two began to dance as well. Meshing in with the other couples in a perfect harmony.

"What do you say?" James asked Cassie. She smiled and stood. Their hands grasped and they began spinning.

James noticed instantly that Cassie's balance had suddenly disappeared. She giggled out an apology as she stepped on his foot and spun outwards. Her movements were too wild and disorganized for the music, but James didn't much mind. They rocked on their feet and she spun again, her hair whirling around her.

"You're a terrible dancer." The voice was Fred's. He stood near the two, a huge grin on his face as he attempted to contain his ready laughter.

"Me?" Cassie inquired, at his nod she giggled. "I know. I've always been terrible. I even took lessons. Four years." James and Fred sniggered at that.

She grabbed one of Fred's hands and kept her other hand inside of James and yanked the two in a spinning circle.

The three laughed as they spun and hopped at random. They knew they must've looked absolutely ridiculous, but the couldn't bring themselves to care.

Eventually they became dizzy enough that they couldn't spin any more and ended up falling onto their backs. The stars had begun to twinkle slowly into view and the music had quieted. The three lay staring at the sky in the grass until the last of the parents had trickled inside.

"I love Christmas." James sighed in content.

"Me too." Cassie grinned.

"Me three!" Fred added on. "Best holiday ever." James rolled his eyes at Fred's enthusiasm.

"You say that about every holiday, mother's day included." Fred grabbed a handful of grass, yanked it up and dumped it onto James' face.

"So what?" He stuck his tongue out and flicked more grass at James.

"So you'll never be a mother." Fred threw another handful of grass at James. "Oi cut it out!" James sprang at Fred, the two rolled around and yanked grass out to rub in each other's faces. Cassie laughed from the sidelines until grass was thrown her way.

"You'll regret that!" She exclaimed and joined the fray with gusto. The three rolled around and only stopped when Ginny yelled at them to come inside.

They stood with grass covering every part of them, dirt spots on their clothes and smudged on their faces and their hair in complete tangled messes. The largest grins anyone had ever seen were plastered on their faces as they raced inside.

Ginny sighed at the sight of them, but decided it wasn't worth it to yell at them. It was Christmas after all and she was much too tired to give a lecture.

"Fred, honestly?" Angelina shook her head at her son in amusement. George patted his son on the back and winked. "We are leaving now." Angelina ushered her husband and children away, all of which were calling out excessive 'goodbye's and 'love you's to those still awake in the Potter house.

Ginny shooed the children still remaining at the Potter house up to their beds. She'd successfully gotten them up the stairs and started for bed after around twenty minutes. She let out a huge sigh and flopped into her own bed gratefully.

"Night dear." Harry whispered in response to her tired groan.

"Night." She muttered back, receiving a kiss.

It was 11:59 on Christmas night and everyone was fast asleep.

Christmas vacation was over before James had a chance to blink and they were back at Hogwarts before he could even manage a single protestation. It was disappointing to have to go back to classes and homework, but on the bright side James was excited to see Alfie again.

The two were reunited at the platform. Hugging and chatting over each other about their vacations.

"and then Cassie and I found a leprechaun, a real live leprechaun! He was a grumpy bugger, yelled at us to-"

"Well mum and dad took me to see a dragon show. The stadiums were bigger than the quidditch ones, I mean they have to be becau-"

"Cassie jumped off the roof! Swore she was practicing her levitation spell. I told her, 'you aren't supposed to practice on yourself'. She's mental!" The two continued on, barely letting the other finish before jumping in with the next story. They hadn't finished their stories until they both lay in their dorm rooms and prepared themselves to sleep.

"I'm glad to be back. I missed you." James whispered to Alfie, slightly too loudly considering his dorm mates were already asleep.

"Bet you missed classes too, we've got them tomorrow. Bright and early." Alfie's reminder elicited a loud groan from James.

"Oi, shut it!" Brendan Whitby yelled. The dorm was silent as the boys slept.

The next morning they'd be back to classes and vacation would be officially over.