15.

Zabini and Cassie had been spending an awful large amount of time together lately and James was feeling the familiar jealousy with having to share a friend with someone else. It was even worse considering it was a Slytherin and not just any Slytherin, but the one he happened to hate the most.

"Hey Cassie!" James waved her over at breakfast.

"Hey Jame-jame." James rolled his eyes and snorted at Cassie. Lately she'd been attempting to give him new nicknames, some of them were absolutely ridiculous. Actually, all of them were ridiculous.

"Are you free after class today? I was hoping we could do potions work together, you are so much better at it then I am."

"I promised Blaise I'd help him too. Would you want to join us?" James groaned at the mention of Zabini.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea." Cassie pouted a little.

"Please? I know you two don't necessarily get along," James snorted at that, Cassie ignored him and continued. "but I'd rather not have to go over potions twice and I'd really appreciate it if you two would just try for me." James sighed. Her blue eyes were wide and appeared innocent, though he knew she was anything but.

"Alright. Fine." He groaned out. Cassie grinned and leaned forward to give him a peck on the cheek. "Excellent! We usually get the table in the left corner, near the window." Cassie ran back to her own table with a quick goodbye and James watched as she sat beside Zabini who threw an arm at her, kissed her and then turned away to talk to his friends. James wanted to smack him and not just because he was stealing Cassie away. Also because Zabini treated her like crap.

James saw Zabini ignore her, just as he was doing now. He knew Zabini lied to Cassie and he didn't get it. How could anyone not give Cassie their full attention when she was around, she was a ball of energy and always bright and bouncy. She was impossible to ignore, yet there Zabini was, arm around her as if she were his possession as he talked to his mates and didn't once glance at her.

Cassie walked in to find Blaise asleep in the library at their normal table. She smiled at his handsome features and crossed to him. She shook his shoulders waking him.

"Hey sleepy." Blaise gazed up at her and grinned. He leaned up and kissed her deeply. She pulled away and sat beside him.

"I think we need to talk about something." Cassie sighed as the words left her mouth. She was dreading the talk that she knew had to happen. Even though she'd promised herself she'd leave judgement about James and Blaise's interactions between each other out of her relationship decisions a few things had been bugging her. Especially after James had agreed to get along with Blaise for her this afternoon. If James could do it then surely so could Zabini, but to convince him she needed to know the full story of events that happened between them.

"What about?" Blaise leaned in closer to her and attempted to capture her lips with his. She pulled back quickly, knowing she'd get distracted if she allowed him to kiss her.

"You and James." Blaise sat back in his chair with a large scowl.

"What about Potter?" He spat James' last name out with venom.

"I know that some of the things you've told me about your…. interactions aren't true. James may hate to share, but he doesn't just attack someone without a wand unless he's been provoked and I know that Molly is always looking for reasons to punish him so there's no way she'd let him off with detention that one time." Cassie hadn't been able to free herself from the thoughts she was now sharing.

"It's no secret Potter and I don't get along." Blaise started. "I've tried to be very patient and let you hang out with him, but honestly I don't think you should anymore." Cassie scooted her chair further back away from him.