28.

Cassie and James had quickly fallen back into their usual routine, much to their friends' relief. They were back to talking, studying, chatting, and plotting together. Plus the weather was growing warmer and the trees were growing greener. Everyone was excited and filled with a new energy.

The grass was the greenest possible and flowers were popping up from the ground everywhere. It had rained the night before, leaving everything looking brighter and fresh.

Besides the lovely day, the students were excited for Easter break.

The train ride was filled with overzealous students, chattering and running everywhere. Cassie's compartment was stuffed with as many people as was possible to fit in it. Hannah was sat on top of Alfie, Layla sat beside them squished by Alfie and Scorpius. Across the way Cassie sat on James' lap, Lily beside them and beside her was Alice Longbottom and Hugo next to her. In the middle was a large table covered in sweets. Somehow they'd all managed to change into their most comfortable clothes and had eaten at least three quarters of the sweets that they'd originally bought.

The compartment was so loud that it was difficult to hear what the person beside them was saying, even if they were yelling straight in the other person's ear.

The train came to a stop and the group streamed from the compartment. Elbows knocked into stomach and heads as everyone struggled to reach their bags and items and escape from the train.

They made it on to the platform with an assortment of new bruises, but still cheery faces. Cassie pushed through the crowds with one of her arms hooked through Scorpius' and her other through James' in order to keep them together as she attempted to get to her father.

Draco Malfoy stood towards the back of the platform, waiting for his children with a large grin on his face. He waved at her as she yanked her friends in front of him and sent him a grin.

"Dad!" She hugged her father tightly.

"You've said goodbye to all of your friends?" He asked patiently.

"Yes." She answered readily.

"Excellent." He grinned and turned to Scorpius. "Lovely to see you Scorpius."

"You too, Dad." Scorpius hugged him. He turned to face James next.

"James Potter is it?" James nodded nervously. He stuck his hand out and shook Draco's firm grip.

"Yes sir." Draco glanced at Cassie who was busy chatting with Scorpius, completely distracted.

"You can call me Draco. I knew your dad at school, he was an excellent seeker."

"Er… Thank you." James responded a bit sheepishly. He knew his father was good at Quidditch, but it was his mother who he was used to hearing about.

"You ready to go dad?" Cassie was grinning, her trunk in hand, which James had been carrying before.

"I was waiting for you." Draco chuckled. Cassie stuck her tongue out and ushered everyone to leave. Draco apparated the three home.

Cassie was glad to be home. She looked up at her house. The yard was thriving, proof that her grandmother was still attempting to garden and the white gate around her house added to it's charm. The house itself was good sized and painted a pale blue. It had a wrap around porch and white framed windows.

Cassie lead everyone up the path to her house, on to her porch and through the front door.

She grinned before offering James a tour. They left their luggage in the hallway where they'd entered. In front of them was a staircase and on either side was two doors.