Chapter Eleven

Kellin and I practically spill into our home once the door is flung open. We abandon our luggage at the entrance and head directly to the sofa where we just collapse, feeling exhausted.

"Why does it still feel like we travelled across the world when we didn't even leave town?" Kellin groans, leaning against me.

"I know what you mean." I admit.

"As much as I love to be home, I'm sad our honeymoon is over." Kellin frowns.

"Me too." I admit. "But now we can officially settle into married life and grow old together."

"We're twenty-six, Vic." he snorts, nudging me softly.

"I know. I just can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." I blush.

Kellin chuckles and shifts closer to me.

"You know we would have spent our lives together anyway. Even if we didn't get married, or start dating, I would have always been by your side." he assures me.

"I don't know if that's true though, Kells." I frown, looking to the carpet.

"What do you mean?" he asks confused.

"I remember how much it hurt me to not have you and I imagine you felt the same. I think it was inevitable that we would grow to resent each other." I explain, not daring to meet his gaze. "I mean, we were already drifting apart before he came along."

Kellin just silently takes my hand, in a comforting manner. His silence urges to me to continue so I do.

"I was in so much pain, Kells. I was down all the fucking time. I threw myself into reckless relationships and probably pushed our friendship a little too far at times, just by holding your hand or kissing your cheek or spooning you. And those things just made the pain worse. I feel like our friendship was becoming toxic. I was hurting over you more than it was healthy. And I assume you felt the same." I ramble.

Kellin squeezes my hand almost to silence me, then he drops my hand altogether.

"I'm so sorry, Vic." he whispers.

I finally turn to him and he looks completely distraught.

"Oh, no, baby," I say quickly. "It's okay. In no way was that your fault. I'm just glad I told you my feelings before we let it get any further. And I'm so sorry something so horrible had to happen for me to find the courage."

He gives me a sad smile and kisses my cheek softly.

"What's important now is that there's no more pain. We have each other. And it's forever." he whispers. "And I know I get overwhelmed and emotional sometimes, but I need you to know that you make me feel okay. As long as I have you, I am okay."

His words warm my heart and I have no words to adequately respond to him so I just kiss him.

The kiss starts off simple and sweet but soon he's pushing me down onto the sofa and climbing on top of me. I hold his hips between my palms as his tongue pushes against mine and his hands push up my shirt.

I'm excited for where this kiss seems to be going but we're interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a miniature heart attack. Not only was I not expecting another person to be in my house, but also I wasn't expecting to be caught in the midst of a steamy makeout session with my husband.

Kellin and I look to the intruder to find Jenna near bursting with laughter.

"Am I interrupting?" she chokes out, trying to compose herself.