Chapter Thirty-Four

Vic

"Hey," Kellin says softly as I feel his weight press down on the mattress. "I let you stay in bed a bit longer but you need to get up now. You can't be in bed all day. It's not healthy."

I can't see his face from under the covers but I know he has that look of pity that seems to be his default nowadays.

"I don't want to exist today. Just leave me alone." I sniff, gripping onto the blanket tighter in case he tries to pry it off of me.

"If you honestly think that lying here is making you feel better, then tell me to fuck off and I'll leave you alone. But I don't think it's helping."

I sigh deeply and let another stream of tears run down my cheeks. I know he's right, but it's so much easier to just lay here than to actually deal with these feelings.

I reluctantly pull the covers down to my chin and look to Kellin cautiously. He smiles sadly at me and wipes the tears from my cheeks.

"What did you have in mind?" I grumble.

"I was thinking a walk." He chirps.

"A walk?" I whine, pulling the covers back over my head.

The last thing I want to do is leave the house.

"Baby, you need some air and some sun. And exercise is so good for you. It releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy. You used to love exercising, I want you to start doing things you love." He explains, rubbing my shoulder through the blanket.

I groan in frustration and curl up more into myself.

"We don't have to go for a walk if you really don't want to. Why don't you just come downstairs and eat something, then see you feel afterwards?" He suggests.

I pull down the covers again and meet his caring gaze. I then feel shitty for being such a brat.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I sniff.

Kellin smiles and wipes my cheek again.

"Don't apologize. This is just a bad day. There will be better ones." He assures me.

I nod, knowing he's right. He always is.

I sit up then lean into his chest. He immediately comforts me with his arms. I remember my mom holding me like this every time I was sick or upset when I was a kid. I don't want my husband to be looking after me like I'm a child so I decide to pull myself together and get out of bed.

"Breakfast it is." I sigh tiredly, taking Kellin's hand.

"Actually, it's lunchtime babe, but you can have breakfast food if you want." Kellin chuckles.

I try not to think about how I keep sleeping the days away as Kellin and I head downstairs. We go into the kitchen and he sits me at the table.

"What do you want to eat?" He asks me.

"Whatever." I shrug. Honestly, I'm not even that hungry.

"What about an omelette?" He chirps.

"Sounds good."

Kellin begins cutting vegetables and cracking eggs, while I just watch him. He's so cute and concentrated when he cooks, which is not very often. If I'm being honest, he's not the best cook. He's burnt more than his fair share of—anything really. But I really appreciate him making the effort.

He catches me staring and shoots me a sweet smile. He then turns back to the sizzling pan and curses suddenly.

"Oh shit." he gasps.