❥ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ sᴛᴀʀs

death. the fact that it only comes once, and never again is what makes life so
sweet.

❛ ━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━ ❜

❪ third pov. ❫

she woke up with a start, gasping, trying to force air down into her lungs, and then remembered something.

she didn't need air, but she felt like she was drowning.

her body ached all over, and swung her head left and right, trying to adjust her eyes to the darkness, trying to figure out her surroundings, and starting to wave her arms around, before slowly starting to stand, only to fall back down onto the grass.

she looked down and closed her eyes, trying to slow her breathing, trying to calm down. sighing, she opened her eyes and looked up, blinking, hoping to adjust to the darkness of the night.

looking around, she starts to back up, before hitting her back against a rock, she looks up and blinks.

a large rock...

she stands and starts to walk forward.

she has no idea where she's going, but she decided to go straight until she found something, or someone. anything, even a sign, to tell her where she is.

❛ ━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━ ❜

she's been walking for a while, and hasn't seen much except a few dead flowers due to the lack of light and rain.

she groans quietly, feeling her legs finally starting to give and she sighs, continuing to push on, sighing in relief.

she came to a clearing and hummed softly.

it looked like a town. a small town, not much, but it was nice looking.

a fountain here, trees there, and a path leading to buildings.

she could hear some mummers in the distance, and she sighs happily, starting to walk towards the sound of the mummers of others.

she continues to walk and looks around, and towards a building, and gasps as she bumps into someone, immediately apologizing.

"oh, im, im so sorry! i wasn't -"

"its alright, are you okay?"

she nods,

"yes, im okay..."

"that's good, well, im Helen, what's your name?"

"uh... im, im y/n..."

"nice to meet you, y/n! you new here?"

y/n nods,

"well then, y/n, let me show you around!"