6

I slowly roll out of bed and look around, no one is in the room with me, and the clock is reading midday, I hope I can leave the hospital today. While I know I am safe in here I also don't want to be in here any longer then I have to. If I leave, I will get hurt sure, but I hate laying around waiting for something to happen and sooner or later dad will get annoyed and come and just beat me in here anyway and what is the point in that at the end of the day?

I slowly walk over to the door and open it, the hospital rooms here don't have buttons to call for a doctor or nurse, so it is just better to look for one yourself if you are caple which I am. I look out the door and down the hallway where I notice the room my mother is in, I still can't believe she is alive,. Still, none of it makes sense on why everyone says she died yet she is literally in the same house as everyone else and none of us kids have noticed that there was another presence up until now.

after a while of looking around, I finally spot a doctor and sigh in relief, finally

"Hey doc" I call out making him stop in his tracks

"hey chole, what are you doing up and out of bed?" he questions concerned

"just wondering when I can be discharged" I smile sweetly

"well let's get you back to your room and have a check of your leg to see how you are doing" he smiles before walking toe to toe with me to my room, once in the place I hop up on the bed and hopefully grin at him, the doctor pokes my mark looking for a reaction, but I hold in any signs of discomfort to be released.

"well chole, you do seem to be okay, we haven't seen any of the long term effects just yet which is good, so I will allow you out of the room but please be careful and come back if you feel anything out of the normal even if its a leg cramp, we really can not be too safe at this point" he commands, while he knows the command won't work on me he also knows that him trying will show how severe this is

"thank you" I mumble out before sliding off the bed and into the hallway.

well lets get this party started and see how far dad really is willing to go to get me 'stronger'