Chapter 2: Autumn and Eli

"Wait," Eli lifted his head from his laptop and papers that were a sea around him on the couch

"Wait," Eli lifted his head from his laptop and papers that were a sea around him on the couch. "When is she coming?"

"Well, she's not really coming, we kind of have to go pick her up. She'll be at the bus stop tonight." Autumn ran from one side of the apartment to the next, picking up the various socks, trash, and unknowns.

He watched her from his seat on the couch. "So...how long is she staying?"

Autumn thought for a long moment..."Oh, like two weeks or something."

He paused. "That's what you said about Larry."

"Larry is a guy." she gave him a look that told him he was absolutely ridiculous.

His brows clashed on his face and he nudged his glasses back up his face. "Larry was here for three months and the only reason he left was because I kicked him out and told him to find another person to mooch off of."

She rolled her eyes. "You only noticed him because you were jealous of him."

"There was literally nothing about Larry that I was jealous of, he smelled like jellybeans and looked like a hobo."

She gasped and glared at him. she shook her head. "How dare you...I don't know why I date you sometimes. You are so privileged and rude! Plus--jellybeans don't have a smell...unless like, you're chewing one or something."

He closed his laptop. "Why does she need to stay with us anyway? Is she running from the police? Like Larry was?"

She rolled her eyes and threw some trash away. "Larry was not running from the police...well, they were looking for him but that doesn't mean he was running..." she shook her head and refocused herself. "Lily will only be here for two weeks, tops...maybe a month...tops! besides, no, she's not running from the police or anyone for that matter."

He put his laptop to the side and stood from the couch. "Then why is she coming? Obviously, if she needs a place to stay with us, then she must be desperate. I mean, we're not exactly the top pick here." he motioned around the dirty apartment with outdated furniture and no elbow room.