Chapter 10: Autumn's Questions Must be Answered or There Will be Hell to Pay!

Autumn wasted no time--not even a breath as soon as she saw the laptopt, she went straught to the bathroom--holding the laptop and slammed on the door several times

"Go away." Lily said on the other side, her voice angry but still small.

"LILY!" she yelled. "We NEED to talk--now!"

Lily didn't answer.

Autumn aggressively tried the handle. 

Eli put a hand on Autumn's shoulder. "Hey, she needs a minute. We can--"

Autumn yanked her shoulder away from him. "I am going to break this door down in precisely 5 fucking seconds if you don't tell me why the FUCK you are slutting around all over the internet! Like some raving prostitute!"

Eli stepped back, WAY back and wished that he'd waited until...he wasn't sure, until never? To show Autumn the facebook page.

Lily didn't say anything.

Autumn's nostrils flaired as she turned around and shoved the laptop back in Eli's hands and then stormed into the kitchen. She violently rummaged through a kitchen drawer and then pulled out a dusty key that was stuck in the back with a bunch of loose change and dead ballpoint pens.

Eli tried to stand in front of her. "Autumn, wait! We need to let her talk, this will only make her more--"

Autumn shoved past Eli and then marched right to the bathroom. She jammed the key into the handle and then threw the door open to find Lily sitting on the toilet seat with her pants up and her head down. She hadn't been using the bathroom. To Autumn, she'd simply been feeling sorry for herself and now she seemed even less a victim to her.

Lily's head shot up and her eyes went wide when Autumn came stalking towards her. She held out a pointed finger to began her lecture, but she paused, turned around and grabbed the laptop from Eli and then went back to Lily. She turned the laptop around and forced Lily to take it as she shoved it onto her lap.

Lily stared at the screen and Autumn saw the expression that was both horrified and vacant. A look that told her that there was no way this was really happening.

Lily stared at the images before her. A girl who looked anything but shy. She revealed her body in poses and ways that belonged to someone who "knew" what they were doing. There were images of her with men, almost too sexual...but not enough to exactly takedown.

There were images of her and two other girls, all wearing hardly anything. The facebook profile claimed her a model and she stared at it as though this wasn't her.

"Where did you get this?" her voice was hollow.

The images were all professional looking but there was no link to a photographer. The images went on and on. One with Lily laughing and drinking as though it were an advertisement for a happy-go-lucky beer commercial. And another one where her face looked seriously into the camera while wearing nothing but underwear and a sweater that was falling off her shoulders.

Autumn folded her arms and glared down at Lily. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

Eli rubbed a hand against his stubble that he had been neglecting for the past couple of days. "Lily," he started slowly. "We just want to know if someone put you up to this...or something?" 

Autumn folded her arms. "Is this why you dropped out of school? Why you stopped calling me? Huh? So you could run around like all the other bitches in this world and flair your tits around and make a joke of yourself?! What the fuck were you thinking? Obviously--you weren't!"

Lily looked up to Autumn for a moment, her expression was lost. She looked back down at the screen and caught sight of the comments under a particularly provocative image of her licking the side of a guy's face. She didn't even know his name.

"Wow, what a slut...I would totally tap that though."

"Anyone know her number?...I need a good sucker to savor my sweet tooth."

"...there is NO way she's a model!! Totally false advertising to gather viewers for porn. It's people like her that make me sick! She's what's wrong with our society."

"I'd report this...but I can't stop staring."

Lily just stared at the screen. The comments she'd tried to get away from. The world she'd run away from. All of it, here again, and Autumn knew. The only person who wasn't supposed to...knew.

Autumn was saying something, but it didn't matter. Lily practically threw the laptop at Autumn as she stood from the toilet. "I'm a SLUT! OKAY!!" She yelled through tears in her eyes.

Autumn jerked back and Eli remained behind her, though his gaze to the floor reflected that he had known this outburst was coming. He remained silent and nearly distant, as though he wasn't a part of this.

"I'm a fucking slut and I deserve to die!" Lily shouted and Autumn pulled back, now she was the one with the surprised vacant expression. "I'm disgusting and you would never let me stay if you knew what I've become! No one wants me!" she shoved past Autumn and ran out of the bathroom. Before anyone could stop her she ran out the door.

"Uh," Eli turned to Autumn. "I uh, we should probably go after her--"

Autumn shoved past him, knocking the air out of him as she shoved him against the bathroom door. "Lily!" she shouted and ran out the door.