Chapter 8: George

"He's an old friend from high school

"He's an old friend from high school...well, a little more than a friend..." Autumn paused and sighed and shook her head. "I went through some dark times for a moment." she shuddered and continued to move forward.

Lily caught up with Autumn and checked over her shoulder at some men sitting outside of their apartment smoking. "Um...sn't this illegal?"

"What? No...I mean, it's not like you don't have an ID, we're just helping you get the one you already have...through a different route that's much faster and less complicated than the police department....or wherever you go for this kind of thing." Autumn sighed. "I mean, I hate the police, but it surprises me that you're not going to them first."

Lily kept her head down when Autumn looked her way. "We don't have to do this...we can just go back to the apartment...I'm sorry."

"Goddamit Lily, I don't do what I don't want to! Unless it's laundry or blowjobs for Eli, and sometimes a quick shower--but your my family and this is important! Just stop apologizing! I'm the one getting us in trouble anyway...don't tell Eli we're here by the way...say we went to McDonald's."

Lily kept even closer to Autumn. "Sorry," she whispered.

Autumn rolled her eyes and moved through the apartments until she came to the number she remembered all too well...in her nightmares.

She rang the bell and then cracked her neck in a nervous manner. "Don't let him get to you by the way," Autumn kept her head higher as she walked quicker. "He can be kind of stupid." Autumn rung the doorbell to the questionable apartment door that was halfway underground. "Meth left him kind of...you know, dumb after high school. Well...not saying he wouldn't have turned out this way without the drugs. Just don't picture me with him once you see him...if he didn't have drugs, I would never have been with him!"