Chapter 16: After Date

Catra's P.O.V.

"Adora.. what are you- uh what are you doing?" Adora nonchalantly walked towards me. "Oh nothing kitten." I gulped and again felt the dry feeling in my throat. What the hell is this? "Catra I had the best time tonight." I looked down at my lap.

"Yeah? Is that so?" I didn't look up. I couldn't she would see how red I was in a second. "You know what would make it even better?" I looked up at her as she smirked to see my face. Urgh. Shit. She lifted her hand slowly to my chin to tilt my head up a little bit.

She began to lean into my face. She was inches away from my lips when she whispered, "this." And connected our lips together after what felt like a million years since the last time. After Princess Prom I thought she would never kiss me again. Now here we were. It was happening right in front of me.

I didn't know what to do with myself. I put both my hands on her back, making sure I didn't scratch her. She pushed her tongue into my mouth demanding dominance. I fought her for it and I had won. She had let it happen. I explored her mouth and knew then that she was mine. She was all I ever had. She was all I ever needed. No one else. Nothing else. Just her. She left her hand from my chin and put it to my side.

She rubbed the side of my hip and with her other hand just placed it on my leg. Adora and I had been making out for a very long time. Nothing had changed. Nothing needed to change. This was perfect. All I wanted was right in front of me. Adora lifted her hand from my leg and left it in the air for a little bit but then slowly moved it up under my shirt. I felt myself shiver as it grazed my stomach and then moved to my back.

She slowly moved her finger up and down my spine making me moan into her mouth leaving me out of breath. I pulled back from her and whispered. "Adora." Adora breathes heavily. She was as out of breath as I was. "Yeah?" I looked up at her as our body's were still interested together.

"After tonight I think we both know how we feel about each other pretty well, don't you think?" Adora nodded and looked back up at me.

"Do you think.. I mean maybe we could.." I heard myself trail off and felt the dryness in my throat once again. I forced myself to spit out, "Be together?" In a raspy voice that I never heard from myself. Adora smiled and laughed.

She looked down and nodded yes and smiled at her lap. She took her hand out from under my shirt and from my side as I moved my hands away as well. I thought Adora was going to get up from the bed but she just moved towards me and pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged her back, wrapping my arms around her.

I felt so safe in her embrace. It was so warm. It felt like nothing could ever go wrong if I was there. If she was there with me. I would always be safe. "I love you Catra." Adora whispered. She pulled away and put her hands over her mouth and blushed.

I laughed and shook my head. "It's okay Adora." I smiled at her. "I love you too."

Adora smiled and looked down at her lap once again. I sighed. "You know.. the way you were acting a little bit ago.. you would think that was a whole different person then who I'm looking at right now."

Adora smiled and shoved me playfully. "Shut up." She said laughing.

"You love it you dork." I replied smiling.

"Oh you'll regret that." She said back picking up a pillow. I could already tell what she was about to do. "Adora.." I slowly got up and grabbed a pillow backing away from the bed.

Adora quickly threw the pillow she had and got up in one swift motion. I was knocked to the floor by the pillow as Adora was laughing hysterically. I managed to hold onto the pillow that I had previously grabbed and threw it at Adora knocking her down as well. Adora and I were both laughing hysterically on the ground at each other from hitting one another and falling.

"Fine you win. I am a dork. But you are soo corny." I scoffed at Adora. "Me? Corny?" I tried to think of something to say but I had nothing. "Well at least I have good puns." I managed to spit out. I smirked at Adora as she opened her mouth and then waved me off. "Whatever." Adora got up and went back into the bathroom and slightly closed the door.

I got up from the floor and picked up both of the pillows that had fallen on the floor and some of the blankets from the bed that I had brought down with me.

I tidied up the bed and put the pillows back where they were originally. I heard the bathroom door open as I laid on my back on the bed with my feet hanging off slightly.

I lifted my head a little bit to see Adora with a tank top on now as she was closing the bathroom door and walking towards me. I sat up saying, "Oh so you had a shirt that whole time huh?" Adora smiled. "Yeah. What are you gonna do about it?" I grabbed a pillow and put it over my face saying, "You'll see." As it got muffled by the pillow. "What?" Adora replied. "Don't worry about it." I said smirking at her as I lifted the pillow back up.

"Come on scoot." I curled up into a ball at the bottom of the bed like I usually did as Adora shook her head at me. "No under the covers come on." I smiled and nodded and got under the covers with Adora. For the first time.