Chapter 28: Second Date

Catra's P.O.V

As soon as I head felt my ears twitch and heard footsteps in the hallway I launched towards the door and right into Glimmer.

"Hey Glimmer!" I greeted.

Glimmer was shaken as she saw me as excited as I was. "Okay I know it's weird seeing me actually happy and excited, but... Adora and I want to go on another date and we were going to go to a festival and we wanted to know where the next one was?"

Glimmers eyes sparkled as I mentioned Adora and I going on another date. Now that was where I got my nickname from.

"Oh sure, Bow and I-" I lifted my finger and put it on Glimmers lips.

"No. Just me and Adora." I emphasized the word just so Glimmer would get what I meant. She nodded so I assumed she had. "It's near the last one Adora came with us with. Just go deeper into the woods and take the path to the left." Glimmer states and gave me a smile. I smiled back as I started to walk back towards our room.

I felt someone grab me by my collar as I was turned around. "Oh and, here." Glimmer said handing a pink flower to me. "We put one of these in her hair the last time we went. Maybe it'll make her feel even happier to be there." Glimmer said nodding to me with a wink. I laughed as I began to walk to my room where Adora stayed laying on her back.

One of her arms was in the air. "Adora..?" I called as she turned to look at me. "Oh I was testing out what you were saying. Trying to imagine the stars. It really can make your imagination run wild." I looked at her with disgust. "Make your imagination run wild." I said mocking her with air quotes.

She got up and laughed as she playfully punched me.

"Did you come back just to tease me or did you actually find out where the next festival is?" Adora asked as she sat on the ledge of the bed now.

"Glimmer said that it was near you were last time except deeper into the woods and to the left." I said. I looked up to the ceiling to rethink what I said. When I confirmed that I got the directions right for the third time Adora got up saying, "Enough!" Grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door.

Adora started to run with me as we got deep into the woods. I really had no idea where we were going but if I was to get lost in the woods with Adora it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I felt myself smirking at my last though. Adora turned and saw me smiling to myself. When I noticed her looking I immediately stopped and looked around the woods to make it look I had been the whole time. She slowed down and walked beside me, with her hand still in mine. "What are you thinking about kitten?" She said smirking at me.

Well played. "Nothing. Just what this festival's going to be like." I replied quickly. She still had this effect on me. Like I got all nervous around her. "Sure." She said looking forward. I heard music in the distance and Adora did too after a minute and started running in that direction. She stopped in front of a stump. "Ready to enter?" She asked me. I suddenly remembered Glimmers flower.

"Here, I remember you had one of these on when I saw you at the last festival. Adora smiled but grabbed the flower from my hand and put it on my head instead. "What the-?" I looked up at it resting on my head. Adora laughed at me and then blurred out, "you look adorable." I couldn't help myself from smiling as she put her hand out as I followed her to the festival.

There was food I had never seen. Music that was so fun sounding. There were even these kids that had a bat and were hitting a cardboard thing from a tree. "Piñata." Adora whispered to me as I was watching them hit it.

"I bet you'd be good at it." She said to me. I looked at her like she was crazy. "What? I'm not doing that." I said to her.

"Oh, come on." She said to me. I crossed my arms and shook my head. Suddenly though I felt a push from behind and I was suddenly where the kids were with the piñata. Adora what the hell. "Hey would you like to hit it with us?" A kid asked me. I gave Adora a look and then shrugged to the kids saying, "Sure. Show me what you got." One little boy came up to me and blindfolded me and gave me a stick to hit it with.

I made sure everyone was far from me so I didn't hit anyone and I slammed the bat as hard as I could. I felt it hit something and the kids scream with happiness. "One more time!" One screamed. I swung again with all my might and then I heard them screaming and running to the piñata. I had smashed it open in two hits.

There was sweet food all over the ground that I managed to get before there was none left. I ran to Adora and handed her some of the pieces i managed to get.

"I told you you'd be good at it." She said smirking at me as she grabbed a few pieces of the stuff.

"Shut up." I replied while I put my head on her shoulder. She put her hand on my head and laughed at me. "Good candy too." She said with a full mouth of it. Candy. I thought to myself. I put a piece in my mouth and immediately fell in love.

"Wow!" I said as I grabbed more and put it in my mouth. "That's so good!" I said to Adora. She laughed at my kid like act. Only she brought out that side of me.