Chapter 24: Save them

Adora's P.O.V

As I was lying on my bed I kept waiting for Catra. She had been with Scorpia for a while. It had almost been too long. Is she okay? Is she hurt? I have to find out. I found myself panicking as I stood to go to the doors as the flew open.

"Adora." Catra greeted me with wide eyes. I looked at her and waited for her to continue. "Do you remember what happened?" She asked me. I smiled and said. "Well there's a lot of things you could be talking about." Catra walked towards me. "Shadow Weaver. What did she do to you in the Horde? Do you remember?" Catra asked.

I didn't. I never really thought about it. All I knew is whenever she came around me my whole body tensed up. I never knew why. "Just. Its hard to explain. I need to think how to word this. I'll be back in a few minutes." Catra left the room as suddenly as she came.

I sat and waited. It felt so long. I finally saw the doors open. It was.. Glimmer?

"Adora!" Glimmer yelled. She ran to me and grabbed my hand to go downstairs. We were in the meeting room. Catra and Bow were already there. Catra was at the head of the table as Bow sat near here. Glimmer sat down as I asked, "Um, what is going on?" Bow looked towards me saying, "We have to save your friends."

Catra stood and out her hands on the table. "Lonnie, Kyle and Rogelio. Even Scorpia. Shadow Weaver's been torturing them. Hurting them to come after us. Its like this is our fault." She stated. I began to slouch down as I felt my knees become weak. Torture? Is that what Catra was trying to say happened to me? Did it happen to me? Was this all real?

"Adora." Catra said as she placed her hand on my shoulder. "We have to save them. We need you. They need you." She said as she smiled reassuringly to me.

I sat up again. "Where do we start?"

Catra smirked as Glimmer started to speak. "We still have the layout of the Fright Zone in our heads because of us being captured. We should try and go through the sewers again. Unless you two know a better way in?" She said looking at Catra and I.

I had no clue and looked at Catra. She looked like she was thinking. "Well Adora and I used to go outside and look at the whole Fright Zone on this platform up high. No one ever goes up there besides us and the others. The hatch to go up is usually open. It should still be. I left it open when I left the Fright Zone."

Glimmer and Bow smiled at Catra as they both nodded thinking of any flaws that could be in the plan.

"Shouldn't we bring other people? Just in case?" I asked as Glimmer looked up to me.

"Yes that's a good idea. It shouldn't be us four only." Bow stood saying, "I'll go contact the princesses now." I nodded as we waited for Bow to come back with news.

We had all grouped up after that. We were in the Fright Zone and ready to go inside. "Everyone good? Everyone knows what they're doing?" Everyone nodded as we headed inside in a group while Seahawk and Perfuma stayed on the boat in case anyone came outside.

We all went inside and searched in twos. Catra and I started with the lockeroom but her ears twitched as she heard footsteps. She heard them coming from close by. We hid behind a locker on each side of the room. "Yeah i dont know Kyle. Maybe she's just taking over Bright Moon. I hope she's okay." A voice said. "All of them are okay." Another said. Lonnie and Kyle. I rounded the corner of my locker and saw them in front of me.

Kyle has burns right through his shirt. Lonnie and Rogelio weren't that bad looking but Kyle was terribly injured. Catra saw this as soon as I did. We both stepped out from behind the lockers.

"Hey guys." Catra said. They all turned to look at us. Lonnie's face looked like it was overwhelmed with joy. She ran over to me and engulfed me in a hug as Rogelio did the same. Rogelio grabbed Catra into the hug with us. We all stayed there for a bit but then I realized. Kyle.

"Hey." He weakly said as we approached him. I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze. "What are you doing here?" Lonnie asked. "We're here to rescue you. We already have Scorpia at Bright Moon. She's fine. She's really the reason we're here. Lonnie has a confused look on her face but Catra waves it off.

"We have to get you guys out of here. We know about Shadow Weaver. What she's been doing to you." Catra motioned towards Kyle and his shirt and how weak he was. "This is the only home we know guys. We can't leave."

I put a hand on Lonnie's shoulder saying, "Lonnie, it's okay. She cant hurt you at Bright Moon. We'll protect you. You dont need to worry about being caught." Lonnie sighed and shook her head. Rogelio nudged her, giving her a look.

"Fine. What the hell." Lonnie and Rogelio helped get Kyle as we motioned where they had to follow. Catra and I went to get the other pairs of two as we all got onto the boat. "I swear we'll keep you safe. And make sure you aren't hurt like this ever again. We have things to get you better.

Lonnie nodded as tears threatened to spill out of her eyes. Catra put her hand on her back and gave her a reassuring look. "Everything's going to be okay." Catra said as she stood with me. I nodded as I took her hand. She smiled at me as I leaned in to hug her.

I thought she was right. But there was a lot of fighting that had to be done to really save those three. We didn't know it then. But we had just made this we even harder.