Prologue

A cloaked man and a teen with a shield stand upon a hill with three people unconscious on the ground, one has a spear, the other one a bow and the last one a sword. They both let out a sigh of relief and look at the red sky. The cloaked man takes off his hood and.....

*Beep* *Beep* *Bee-*
A (H/C) haired man wakes up from his sleep with an annoyed groan.

Y/n: What a weird dream, and it already started getting interesting....

(Y/n POV)
After waking up, I quickly get dressed and head down to make breakfast. While I do like my job, getting up early for it is not the part I like in particular. Before I make myself something to eat, I head to my garden to water the flowers I planted there long ago, roses in particular. I did so to remind myself of my childhood friend who passed away. I'm really glad I have a house instead of an apartment, I wouldn't be able to have a garden otherwise.

I quickly make myself some toast with intent to eat it on the way to work. It's only a ten minute walk from here, which is a nice thing, it's really great that I don't have to go there using a car, it saves a fair bit of money after a while. It took me some time to get used to walking to work, but now I don't mind at all, I enjoy it quite a bit, actually. The city is very quiet in the mornings and the sound of birds singing is very relaxing as well.

After a while of walking, I'm finally at work, I managed to eat my food before arriving there.

I'm an office worker for a big company, I don't make that much money, but that's not the thing I need in the first place. What I really like about my job is the atmosphere at the office and my coworkers, everyone is very nice to each other with a few exceptions, and the silence is very comforting. As I enter the office I encounter my best friend:

Y/n: Good morning, Chris.

Chris: Good morning, Y/n! Did you sleep well?

Y/n: I got a fair amount of sleep, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to sleep for longer.

I smile faintly and Chris simply laughs a little.

Chris: True, they really make us wake up early, I really don't like it.

Y/n: Neither do I, although it's not like we can do anything about it.

Chris: Sadly, that's true, anyway I'll get going now, I'm basically drowning in paperwork and I need to start working if I want to be done today.

He laughs at his response as I smile at him.

Y/n: Alright then, don't overwork yourself though, health is more important than some paperwork.

We part ways as I get into my seat and start working, while it's not very exciting, I have a lot of free time, since I finish my work quickly and I don't get nearly as much work as Chris.

It's already 4 pm and my shift is nearly over, I hear Chris shout to me:

Chris: Hey Y/n! Could you get me some food from the store across the street? I'm starving.

I sigh after hearing this.

Y/n: Did you forget to bring food to work again? It's your fault if that's the case, not mine.

Chris: Come on, please just this one last time.

Y/n: Fine, but you owe me a favor afterwards.

I exit the building to get Chris something to eat, just how forgetful can one person be?

As I was exiting the store I heard loud screams and a few gunshots coming from the building I work in, precisely in the part where my  coworkers are, I just stood terrified at the thought of everyone dying just like that.
Before I could do anything I noticed someone standing behind me, and that's the last thing I remember before getting knocked out.

I woke up in a dark room, completely restrained with the exception of my right arm, although no matter how much I tried to break free, I couldn't.

???: Well, well, look who wake up.

Y/n: Who are you!? What happened to my friends?

???: Don't worry they're all safe, for now.

He muttered that last part but I heard it anyway.

Y/n: What do you want from me? Why are you doing this?!

???: Why? You see, my wife has cheated on me with quite an important person in your company, and I figured this would be a good way to get rid of my anger.

Y/n: If it's that person that you want, then why am I here?

???: Well, you just happened to be at work today, so I brought you and your coworkers here, it's much easier than kidnapping that person, and I have some anger to let loose.

Y/n: Speaking of my coworkers, where are they?

???: Oh don't worry, I'll get them here in a moment.

He turned away from me and left the room, I could hear calls for help getting closer and louder.

After a while the doors opened and he and presumably his friends brought my coworkers into the room. Chris froze as soon as he saw me:

Chris: Y/n! Are you oka-

He was cut off by one of the criminals silencing him by hitting him quite hard in the stomach.

???: Do not interrupt us. Now then, you have a choice:

He handed me a gun and went into a different
room

???(speaking through a microphone): You can either shoot all of your friends and walk away, or you can shoot yourself and they'll be released. So, what will it be?

Fear instantly came over me after hearing that statement. Kill them... or myself?

Chris: Y/n! Don't listen to-

One of the criminals put tape put over his mouth
so he no longer could talk.

???: I told you not to interrupt us. So, have you decided?

I slowly raised the gun and pointed it towards my head, my hand was shaking horribly.

Chris was trying to yell for me to stop but couldn't because of the tape covering his mouth.

Y/n: This is... the right choice... I'm sorry, Chris.

He tried to scream one more time, I simply closed my eyes and...

*Bang*

I was surprised not to feel pain, although it probably was an instant death. I slowly opened my eyes to find myself on what looked like a summoning circle, seeing mutliple hooded figures in robes in front of me I simply asked:

Y/n: Where... am I?