Recovery

I woke up in an unknown place. Although I was happy about one thing, I was in a bed. I had bandages all over my body and I couldn't see my armor or weapons anywhere. I tried to get up, but the pain in my back prevented me from doing so. After a moment I decided to get up no matter whether it would hurt or not.

It hurt. A lot.

After letting out a groan because of the pain I looked outside the window. I could see a lot of scorched buildings.
Could this be the village I arrived at?

Besides the burned building I could see people rebuilding everything, at least the villagers survived.

I turned my attention towards the door, as I heard someone coming in.
The person that came into the room was Cole, he looked happy that I was fine, but that emotion quickly changed into slight anger.

Cole: What are you doing? You're supposed to be laying down! You'll be in more pain if you don't!

I chuckled a little, annoying him.

Y/n: Fine, fine. I'll lay down, no need to yell.

I went back to my bed and proceeded to lie down with a bit of pain. I decided to ask:

Y/n: Is this the village we were planning on going to?

Cole: Yes and don't worry, all of the villagers are fine. Some are Injured but there weren't any casualties.

I let out a sigh of relief after hearing his words, I was happy that everyone was fine.

Cole: We almost had a casualty though.

Y/n: And who was that?

Cole: That would be you.

I smiled at him.

Y/n: Well, sorry that I worried you.

Cole: Worried would be an understatement, if I found you a minute later you'd be dead.

My smile faltered after hearing that, I really can't afford to die in this world.

Y/n: By the way, where is my equipment?

Cole: The blacksmith asked to examine it, I thought it was okay. Sorry.

Y/n: Don't worry, it's okay. As long as he doesn't break it.

Cole laughed a little.

Cole: I'm afraid you won't be fighting for a while, your injuries are no joke.

Y/n: I know, I can feel that very well.

Cole: That aside, it's amazing that you took down a dragon on your own, you're really strong.

Y/n: I wouldn't say that, I simply got lucky. By the way, what happened to the dragon's corpse?

Cole: It's still laying down where you killed it, why do you ask?

Y/n: I just thought that we could get you some dragon scale armor out of it.

Cole got excited at the thought of that, it wasn't hard to tell.

Cole: It would be nice, although that's not our priority right now. Until you get better, how about we walk around the village?

Y/n: I thought I was supposed to lay down in bed and not move?

Cole: And you are, this is an exception.

I smiled and wanted to put my hood back on, I didn't realize that it wasn't there. Cole simply laughed like at me, I smiled awkwardly, clearly embarrassed.

Y/n: Is there some shirt here I could use? I don't want to walk around in bandages.

Cole pointed at a wardrobe while saying: