The Assassin Hero

Y/n: Where... am I?

I looked around and found myself in a room that looked like some kind of basement. I noticed I had different clothes on myself, a knife im my hand and some sort of submachine gun in the other. A handgun was in a pocket in my trousers.

(That's what you look like)

It appears that I was in the middle of something that looked like a summoning circle.

???1: My Queen, the summoning was a success!

The summoning? So the thing that I am standing on really is a summoning circle?

???2: Hero, please follow me outside of this place, I'll explain everything to you on the way.

The figure took off the hood revealing a woman with a crown, I'm assuming it's the queen, after all, the other person called her that.

She wanted me to follow her outside, hopefully I didn't get myself into a bad situation.

???2: Allow me to introduce myself, I am Mirellia Q Melromarc, the queen of Melomarc. Before I explain, do you have any questions?

Melomarc? A country like that doesn't exist. What is this place exactly? This is so confusing.

Y/n: You called me a hero, even though I didn't do anything worthy of that title. Why is that?

Queen: You are mistaken, you are worthy of that title, since you answered my summoning in the time of need.

Y/n: So, why was I summoned here?

By the time I asked the question, we were already outside the basement, and it appears the place was a castle. I suppose it makes sense, since I am talking with the queen after all.

The view outside the windows was really beautiful, I didn't notice that I stopped walking and was staring at the landscape with a faint smile.

Queen: As you may have noticed, this isn't the world you lived in, in this world, things called the waves of catastrophe appear every now and then, and with them countless monsters appear all over the world.
Two waves have already happened, and we're struggling to take care of them.

Y/n: And I've been summoned by you to get rid of them?

Queen: Yes, but there's another reason. The heroes of this world do not cooperate with each other, and that's the only way to defeat the waves. I would be happy if you tried to bring them together besides fighting monsters.

Y/n: I can try, but I won't promise anything. I'm not the kind of person that's good at befriending people.

Queen: There also have been rumors about the shield hero raping the first princess Malty and abusing his slave.

This got me interested.

Y/n: Are the rumors true?

Queen: I highly doubt it, my husband has a grudge towards the shield hero, and my daughter Malty is quite the actress, if you meet the shield hero, please try to help him. It's probably hard for him with all the accusations.