Framed

Yet again, the sunlight shining through the window awakened me. I opened my eyes and started getting up.
After looking outside through the window, I assumed that it was about 7am or so. Today, I was going to start my journey with Naofumi and his party. I didn't waste any time and quickly left the room. I locked the door and returned the key to the owner of the inn.

Y/n: Did my friend leave already?

Owner: Oh, that knight? No, he didn't leave yet.

Y/n: I see, thank you.

I left the building and decided to wait for Cole outside. I didn't have anything to do, therefore I simply leaned on a wall.

After what I assumed was ten minutes, Cole left the inn. He instantly noticed me.

Cole: Hi there! You're up early. You didn't wait long, did you?

Y/n: Not really. Now then, is there anything you want to do before we leave?

Cole: We're leaving with Naofumi's party, right?

I nodded in response to his question.

Cole: If there is something I want to do, I'd like to take a look around at Erhard's shop.

Y/n: We don't have much money, but I suppose we can take a look.

Cole: That reminds me, did you get the money from that shadow?

Y/n: No, I didn't. I'm assuming we'll either get it later or we won't get it at all.

Cole: I hope it's not the latter.

We continued to walk in silence, after a while, we entered the blacksmith's shop.

Erhard immediately welcomed us.

Erhard: Hi there you two!

I noticed Naofumi and his party inside the shop as well.

Cole: Hi Erhard! We're here just to take a look around, we probably won't buy anything.

Cole started examining the equipment for sale, I on the other hand, decided to greet Naofumi.

Y/n: Hi there, Naofumi. I'm guessing you're preparing yourself for today?

Naofumi: Yeah, we're getting Raphtalia a sword.

The demi human woman didn't like that idea.

Raphtalia: I still have a spare, you need to conserve money for our journey, master Naofumi!

Naofumi: Well, if that's the case, then we're leaving. Everyone, let's go.

Y/n: Cole, we're leaving.

The knight nodded and followed behind me.

Erhard: Good luck you all!

Our group left the shop.

Naofumi: I have a carriage outside the city, we'll travel using it.

Y/n: I see, lead the way then.

After a few minutes of walking we were outside the capital, I quickly noticed the carriage.

Y/n: Okay there's the carriage, but don't you have some sort of horse or anything to move it?

Naofumi: Filo always pulls the carriage.

I was surprised by this.

Y/n: Filo? Isn't she too small for that kind of-

I stopped in the middle of my sentence when smoke appeared around Filo and afterwards, in her place was some sort of giant bird.