Prompt and Interpretation

Prompt Number : 29

Genre : Sci-fi / Fantasy

Interpretation

It was the year 2120. The world as Captain Xian Zhang knew it was on a brink of collapse. Zhang was the best pilot in a secret government department that was trying to discover new planets that could support human life.

Just as the final war for limited resources had broken out, Zhang had flown out on his last mission, his last attempt to save what was left of the human race.

Unfortunately, he had gotten pulled into a wormhole. Time had stopped for him.
More than two hundred years had passed when due to forces unknown, the wormhole had spit his ship out.

He had headed for the closest planet. His planet. His earth.

But the planet he had landed on, was not the earth he recognized. This planet, it was divided into two. A world on ground and the other in the sky.

On land, where he had landed, the air was stale and hard to breath. People looked malnourished and sickly.

In the sky, he saw islands suspended in air. The air looked clean and pure up there. It looked like paradise.
Zhang had read about Paradise in books as a child. Paradise was a myth, however, the world in front of him was real.

His eyes had fallen on what looked like birds flying from one Island to another.
When he had taken a closer look, what he had seen had shocked and confused him. For, it was not birds as he has first assumed, it was people, dressed in ancient Han Dynasty clothing and they seemed to be flying on swords!

Thus began his quest to get answers to the questions that were plaguing his mind. What had happened during his absence? How were these land masses floating in the air like magic? And how was it that these people who looked human, have the power to fly?

Will Zhang get his answers? Will he be able to fulfil his original mission, that was to find a better home for the human race? Was he strong enough to do it all on his own, or did destiny have something more in store for him.

A story of helplessness, determination, brotherhood and love.

A story of two worlds with nothing in common. And of two men who work together to fulfil their Destinies : 'Connected by Fate'