Chapter 6

Now that Zhang had made up his mind to help the humans of this planet, he immediately starts thinking of ways to help them.

The obvious and most effective way he realizes would be to go to the sky kingdom. He is confident that he can get there if he can come up with a plan to breach the thin layer of cloud that forms something akin to a shield, restricting entry into the so-called Sky dwellers' kingdom.

He makes his way to the ship's navigation panel and opens the history window in the ship's log.

'There it is.' Zhang chirps excitedly, pulling up the charts showing the components forming the shield. He knows that with a few changes to the atmosphere regulators and a few modifications to the thrusters, he would definitely be able to breach it and enter the paradise-like place.

With the first step planned, he promptly gets to work. He continues to work till his stomach growls; he goes to the small kitchenette tucked in a small corner of the ship, presses a few buttons and a simple yet sustainable meal appears before him. He gobbles it down before going back to the control panel and working on the adjustments.

*****

YiYang sighs; he is unsure if he should tell the younger about his encounter with Zhang. For he can't comprehend how YiHuang will react, hearing about a human whose eyes glowed the same way his eyes did.

A long time ago, YiHuang had confided in him about his vision and had sworn him to secrecy.

YiYang had kept the secret. Looking at YiHuang's reaction just moments ago, YiYang decides to not come completely clean about his encounter with Zhang.
He is still contemplating how he should approach the subject when YiHuang interrupts his thoughts, "Brother, I didn't press you for answers then, but you need to tell me how you were able to breathe land air?"

The crown prince looks around the room to make sure that they were alone before answering, "A-Huang, I didn't cross the barrier on my own. I was bumped off the edge when I was investigating an unidentified flying object that seemed to have grazed past our atmosphere."

YiHuang's eyes widen, and he purses his lips, "Brother, we must report this to father immediately."

Of course, this is how YiYang had imagined his brother to react, so he is prepared, "Ah-Huang," he sighs before continuing, "Listen to the whole thing."

YiHuang calms down; something in his brother's eyes tells him that they are not under any kind of threat. He nods, signaling the older to continue.

"The thing that bumped me off the barrier was a spaceship."

A small gasp leaves YiHuang's lips at the information, but he doesn't interrupt his brother.

"I fell into the sea; the air over the sea was a little breathable, but due to impact, I lost consciousness." YiYang pauses to gauge YiHuang's reaction. He smiles. YiHuang had always been very protective of him, and now that he was being told how his brother had had an accident, the younger is furious.

"Brother, what makes you smile?" YiHuang asks, visibly angry at the mistimed smile directed at him by his dear brother, who was in the middle of describing an unfortunate event!

YiYang shakes his head and continues, "When I opened my eyes, I was being dragged out of the sea by a human." YiYang raises his hand, stopping YiHuang, who is about to interrupt him. He presses on, "I couldn't breathe; the air on land is still toxic to our system." he pauses, recalling the suffocating feeling, and his hand moves to his throat, "I started gasping for breath. I knew I won't survive for long. The human swiftly supported me and took me inside his space vehicle. I think I must have lost consciousness again, but when I came to, the human had his palm placed over my forehead." YiYang pauses and chuckles at the memory of how his gift had categorized the human's touch as a threat and flung him away.