𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔳𝔢.

𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖘

♡♡♡♡

James laid wide awake in bed, mind racing.

He'd been trying for the past three hours to fall asleep but had failed to do so, thanks to the pouring rain pounding on his window and his brain unable to just shut up.

He could hear Remus and Peter's light snores as they peacefully slept while Sirius seemed to toss and turn, trying to catch a comfortable position.

James felt stupid. How could he have fallen for not one, but two girls at the same time? Especially a girl who clearly had no interest in him at all and another that he had only gotten to know in a little over a month.

"Can't sleep either?" Sirius spoke as he turned once more to face the boy. James shook his head as he stared at the ceiling, hands behind his head.  Sirius imitated him, though placing his hands on his stomach, fiddling with his fingers. "Same." He sighed.

"What do you think of Lily?" James suddenly blurted.

Sirius was taken back, not expecting this type of question. Sure, he had discussed girls with James, and he had spent hours on end hearing James talk about 'his one true love', but never in their 5 years of friendship had James questioned what Sirius thought about Lily. "Well..." He cleared his throat. "She's nice. Pretty."

James pursed his lips, hesitating to continue. "Would you say...Lyra's pretty?"

Sirius widened his eyes, though James did not see it. His mind went to his and Lyra's conversation. I'll talk to James, you talk to Remus. So he took this opportunity and-

"Lyra? She's well peng."

James furrowed his eyebrows, feeling a sense of jealousy rush through him. "Yo-you don't like Lyra, do you? I mean, you don't plan on adding her to your list of girls you've hooked up with, right?"

Sirius grimaced. "Like her? No way, James. Lyra's like a sister to me. I'm just saying, she's beautiful, nice, single and actually shows interest in you, unlike Lily."

James then turned to look at Sirius. "You think Lyra's interested in me?"

Peter then let out a loud snore, making the two boys whip their heads to look at the sleeping boy, who only turned in his sleep. Sirius then directed his attention to James. "I don't know, but she does like spending time with you."

James bit his bottom lip. Maybe if he told Sirius about the amortentia he could clear his head. 

"Can I tell you something?"

"Mate, I'm you're best friend, you can tell me anything."

James inhaled a deep breath before saying: "I might've sort of smelt Lyra's hair in the amortentia, along with Lily's perfume."

Sirius had to hold back a grin at his friend's words, hiding it with a gasp. "No way!" He yelled in a whisper. "So...you like Lyra?"

"I think so. I mean- She's amazing, I know, but Lily...I've loved her forever, you know?"

Sirius narrowed his eyes, tilting his head to the side."James, are you sure it's love? Or is it just infatuation?" Sirius questioned with caution, not wanting to offend his best friend.

James did not respond, Sirius' words resonating his brain. It had hit him deep within.

"Just something to think about," Sirius muttered, turning to his side once more and closing his eyes.

***

"I talked to James last night," Sirius told Lyra, plopping another Fizzing Whizzbees in his mouth, floating a few inches from the ground.

They had met at the Astronomy Tower, something that now common for them, and instead of going to breakfast, the pair had decided on munching away on sweets and drinks from Honeydukes that Sirius had stashed away in his room for midnight snacks.

Lyra widened her eyes. "And?" she questioned, taking a nervous gulp from her pumpkin juice.

"Well," He swallowed. "He admitted he smelt your hair in his amortentia-"

Lyra began chocking on her drink, baning her chest as she did so. "He what?!" she yelled hysterically after gaining her breath.

"He smelt your hair in his amortentia, but he also smelt Lily's perfume..." He spoke slowly.

Lyra nodded. No surprise there. It was obvious he would smell Lily, what shock Lyra was that she had smelt her. Her hair specifically.

"So, that means..."

"Yep." Sirius confirmed. "He's quite confused about it though, so..."

Lyra sighed. "Well, at least we have one answer. I tried talking to Remus but he wouldn't budge." She explained. "We need to find a way to get him to admit he likes you."

"We don't know if he does though."

"Trust me, he does."

They sat in silence for a while, until Lyra got a glimpse of the time from her wristwatch and shot up from her sitting potions. "We should get going, we don't want to be late for-" she suddenly let out a gasp, eyes wide as plates.

"What?" Sirius questioned, forrowing his eyebrows.

"We have potions!"

"Yeah, so?"

"SO maybe we can steal some of Slughorn's potions!" She said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Sirius quickly shook his head, looking at her as if she'd gone mad. "Are you mental? I'm not drugging Remus with a love potion."

"No, you idiot." She rolled her eyes. "We can steal Veritaserum to make him spill out the truth!" Lyra's eyes were filled with mischief, mimicking the look Sirius and James wore whenever they were to pull a prank.

Sirius thought about it hard. It was actually a very good plan, though what if he were to accidentally say he was a werewolf? So, Sirius nodded, but only doing it on one condition. "Okay, we'll do it, but on my terms."

♡♡♡♡

a/n: Short chapter but it's more of a filler so yeah heh

Sorry if I took long to update but I was busy with stuff from school I'M SORRY :(

Hope ya enjoy!

love you all xx

-anjo1006