𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢.

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖜𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖘

♡♡♡♡

Lyra very much enjoyed staying over at the Prewetts. Yes, at first it had been awkward, especially since Flint slammed the door in their faces the first day the arrived, but after Emelia pounded on his door and explained everything, Flint gave in, letting them stay and happy to know his sister had left Frederick.

It took a few days to get used to so many people in one house (Molly and her three children, Bill, Charlie and Percy, had decided to stay over for Christmas seeing at Arthur, Molly's husband, had to leave to Germany for work) and it didn't help that Gideon and Fabian were always causing a ruckus.

But Lyra soon got used to it, enjoying watching over the children and laughing at whatever Gideon and Fabian did. They reminded her of the marauders, in away.

Oh, how she missed her friends. 

Not only had she still not seen any of them (The Prewett cottage was far away from everyone) but she hadn't had the time to write much either.

She had exchanged various letters with Remus and Lily and a had received a few from Sirius but had refused to send any to James.

Was Lyra being petty? Maybe. But in her defence, he had made no effort in writing back either.

It had been exactly seven days (and eight hours, but who's counting, right?) since Lyra and her mother had arrived at the doorstep of Flint Prewett's cottage and had sent an owl to the Potters about where they were staying.

She had received a letter from Euphemia and Fleamont telling her how they were happy for her and hoped to see her soon, and a later from Sirius that included a bunch of dirty jokes, what he had gotten for Christmas and that he missed and loved her way too much. But James had yet to send her anything.

"I just don't get it," she huffed, furrowing her eyebrows. "I mean, first he makes this whole grand gesture of preparing the roof and whatnot, then we kiss, not once, but twice and now he won't owl me?" She shook her head, inhaling deeply. "You have no idea what I'm saying, do you?" She questioned, starring down at the cot. Percy just stared back, sticking his hands in his mouth and making funny noises. 

"Boy problems?" A female voice spoke from behind Lyra, startling her.

"Shit-I mean, heck!" Lyra cursed, placing a hand over her chest as she spun around.

Molly chuckled, walking over to them and picking Percy up. "Don't worry, he can't understand a word you're saying. Thanks for taking care of him, by the way."

Lyra smiled, caressing the baby's ginger hair ever so lightly. "No worries, little Percy and I have been bonding, haven't we?" She cooed.

"So, who's the guy?" Molly questioned, walking over to her bed and sitting down.

In the past week, Lyra and Molly had bonded, despite not knowing each other previously and being ten years apart. In fact, they had all gotten along pretty well, even with Fabian and Gideon.

"Oh, it's nothing." Lyra waved off, blushing.

Molly cocked an eyebrow at her, giving her a look. "Didn't sound like nothing to me."

Lyra bit her lip. "Well," she sighed before briefly explaining everything, holding back the whole Orion being her dad thing since she felt like it was too personal. 

A pout formed on her lips as she finished explaining and Molly just nodded. "Well, it seems to me he's conflicted. You say you kissed yet has loved Lily for a while." 

Lyra snorted. "A while? Try six years."

"My point exactly. He must feel confused because he likes you, but also likes her. Maybe he's just trying to clear his mind, see who he likes best."

Lyra's frown deepened. "What...what if he likes her best?"

"Well," Molly said as she stood up, "He's a git for not realising how awesome you are."

A small smile formed on Lyra's face as she followed her cousins movements. "So, I don't owl him?"

Molly shook her head. "Don't you dare. He's the one who should make the first move. Now, how 'bout we join the others, I think Fabian and Gideon have been trying to teach Bill how to make things explode and I do not trust leaving them with my boy for one-second more."

***

Days past and the longer they stayed, the happier Lyra felt.

Finally, she had a family. A family who weren't the stuck up pricks like everyone on her fathers' side.

Even Emelia and her had been bonding, which was something she would've never guessed in a million years.

But the day of heading back to Hogwarts finally arrived, and a much as she had missed it and her friends, she couldn't help but feel sad for leaving Molly and Flint.

"Just be safe. And you two, watch out for her." Flint pointed at Fabian and Gideon who both swung their arms around their cousin.

"Don't worry dad-"

"-We've got our eye on out little Lyra."

The train soon whistled, indicating it's soon departure and so, everyone grabbed their things, hugging their families one last time before boarding the Hogwarts Express.

 "I'll miss you," Emelia pouted, hugging her daughter tightly.

"I'll miss you too, mum," Lyra said, pulling away. 

"C'mon Ly!" Fabian yelled a few feet away.

"You're not going to find any good seats!" Gideon warned.

Lyra gave one last smile before running off to the twins, not before hearing her mother yell 'I love you!'

"Hey, you can sit with us and our friends if you feel like it," Gideon suggested as they boarded the already packed train.

Lyra was about to agree when she walked past a compartment where the marauders, Lily and Marlene sat.

"Thanks, guys, but I'm stopping here." She pointed over at her group of friends who not so discreetly looked at the trio through the glass door.

They frowned as they mumbled "Okay," in unison. After that, they hugged goodbye before the twins walked away in search of their friend while Lyra slid the compartment doors open.

"Why the hell did you just hug the Prewett twins?"

♡♡♡♡