Gone

"What you ate the cookie and stayed for the fortune?"

"Okay babe, I'll see you when I get home, I'll be back late so don't wait up

"Okay babe, I'll see you when I get home, I'll be back late so don't wait up." He kisses my forehead as he grabs his bag.

"Okay, have fun, and no more stage diving." He pouts walking out of the door, as soon as the door closes I run to the window, I watch him say hi to the neighbors making his way to his car, as soon as he gets in a starts the car I bolt to the room.

Taking out my suitcases, I throw my clothes in them, not bothering to fold them, running to the bathroom I grab my hygiene products, I grab everything, so it can look like I was never here.

I clean up the room, making the bed and cleaning the bathroom, afterwards I take my suitcases to my car.

Oh shit, my shoes, I need those. Running back up the stairs I go into the closet grabbing every pair, I check under the bed making sure I didn't leave anything.

Throwing them in my backseat I get in the car, then I hop back out. Fuck.

Grabbing a pencil and a scratch sheet of paper I write him a note. Okay, now I'm done.

I get back in my car and drive off, I didn't have time to purchase a plane ticket, I think it's best I save every penny, a kid can cost a lot.

Next stop Seattle, it's very far from Arizona and it's the last place he'll ever think of looking for me, best he works on his music and not a kid.

It's what's best.

I was about two hours into driving when I started thinking if I grabbed everything. "No, I remember grabbing my suspenders and I took out the trash, and- Fuck!" I hit my steering wheel. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" It's too late now, I'm too far ahead to turn around, by the time I do get back to the apartment he'll be there.

I can't believe I was stupid enough to leave the test under the dresser of all things, I fucking forget that.

"Shit!"

Kras

"Yo! That was fucking great!" I said as I walked with my two best friends.

"Dude that crowd went stupid." Mitty said.

"It was the best one yet." Clint adds as he lights his cigarette.

"I can't wait to tell Daph how it went, y'know ever since her parents died, and her being the only child she didn't have anyone, until she met me, she's the person I can confide in and trust, we have this bond, nothing will break that." Clint scoffs as Mitty rolls his eyes.

I nudge Mitty. "You'll find a girl like that one day." I said to the both of them.

"I know, bro, seriously kinda jealous." Mitty said, Clint nodded in agreement.