CHAPTER FOUR

'...Run faster Gemini, you are almost there!'

She was in a race. The finish line was close. Gemini could feel it. She pressed harder towards the red ribbon that appeared to fade away as she neared.
' No! I'm so close.'

Gemini felt a rush of adrenaline through her veins as she ran with her eyes trained on the fading line. She did not see the ground open in front of her and screamed as she fell into a dark hole. Her head felt like she was beaten with a skillet and ran over twice, by a truck. There was an unpleasant tone ringing in her ears, like the rhythm of doom.

Gemini gasped for breath as she woke up. She looked around wildly. It was all a dream but the rhythm was real. Mina was dancing and singing out loud to a song in her headset. It was the beat Gemini heard in her dream. She surmised that the unpleasant tone was Mina's singing. Obviously.

Gemini reached out to stop the auditory assault but thought the better of it when she saw the time on her wrist watch, 7:15am.
"Aww shucks!" Gemini did not realize she cursed out loud till Mina turned to her surprised before her lips morphed into a wide grin, probably at the sight of the bird nest hair style Gemini was rocking.

"If you think my hair looks funny, you should see a picture of me when I fall asleep with make-up after a wild night." Gemini grumbled as she rolled out of bed. "I look like a supermodel on Monsters Incorporated: Select your favorite zombie."

Mina laughed. "Good morning. I'm not amused by your looks, Gemini. To be honest, you look..." She hesitated for a moment, probably browsing the shelves of her brain for a polite synonym of the word ' hideous.'

"I can't think of anything polite right now, but you need a shower. The bathroom is through the door on the left."

Gemini bent to carry her bag when she remembered something, or someone.
"Wait a minute, Mina. I don't see Grant anywhere."

"I totally forgot, I'm sorry." Mina turned off the music. "An official came by earlier to say the competition starts at 11:00 hours this morning. I wondered when you'd be up. Grant is preparing breakfast for himself and i. Apparently, he is a chef by day and a stripper at night"

Gemini rose a brow in question.
"He isn't a stripper, is he?"

"No, I just made that up." Mina grinned.

She giggled. "Please tell him to make something light for me too. All this luxury is making me lazy."

Gemini hummed to Jessie J's Masterpiece playing in her Bluetooth speaker as she walked into the bathroom with her carry on. She took a few minutes to admire the free standing tub with a hanging claw foot bathtub faucet.
' This is so cool!'

She took her time to enjoy a warm bath before stepping out of the tub. Gemini scanned her reflection in the ivory bathroom vanity as she pulled on a lacy pair of underwear before picking out her favorite blue denim pants, navy blue shirt and a pair of black ballet flats. Fashionably practical for a busy day.
She pulled her hair into a ponytail and smacked on some lip gloss before walking out the door into Grant!
"What the heck are you doing out here?"

He rubbed a hand over his face awkwardly.
"I apologise. I tried telling you through the door but your music was loud so I decided to wait out here for you. Mina told me you wanted breakfast. It's ready and covered in the kitchenette."

"Is that why you were standing in front of the bathroom door? Seriously Grant?"

He nodded.

"I do not understand you sometimes..." Gemini sighed. "Everytime, but thanks for making me breakfast."

The room was silent as he passed by her into the bathroom.
"Looking good, Kanobe!"

Gemini refused to condescend to his level, but some reactions were inevitable.
"Shut up, Fenoma!"

________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

(Who else thinks Grant is crazy but kinda cute? Raise your hands✋)