CHAPTER TEN

Twigy loved charts. Especially when the arrow showed an increase in sales and production. When demand and supply moved in tandem with each other. It was a beautiful chemistry. One that earned her money. Lots of it.

She had a feeling that pretty, temperamental lady she met two months ago was her ticket to bringing Silix Fashion World to their knees. Gemini. Her instincts were right. She could barely restrain a victorious whoop the day she bought them over and annexed them into VENUS Inc.

All it took was a well formed strategy. A few weeks of corporate espionage, buying off shareholders of Silix, flooding the market with new and improved designs courtesy of Gemini and VENUS became top dog. Twigy had achieved much within the short period of her take over and her father was proud. Who wouldn't be... It was all business.

She picked up her phone. It was time to organize the first run way show of VENUS since her assumption of office. The moment when Gemini finally gets the fame she deserves.

              **********************

Designing was not an easy job. To churn out designs that fit the season, occasion and location was hard work for any determined fashion designer. It was a bittersweet reunion when Gemini called Grant and Mina to work with her as a team. It felt like Silix Fashion World competition over again. Except this time, they were in VENUS and SFW was broke. In a strange but amusing turn of events, Silix was now part of VENUS Inc.

Gemini stared hard at a board in her studio as if waiting for it to speak.

'Summer designs are tough. It's all the same. Light and outdoorsy.'

"You know, Kanobe. Perhaps if you stare at it hard enough, a design might pop out on the board."

Grant Fenoma. The bitter in her bittersweet reunion. Gemini was glad she bailed out on Grant's offer to hang out with him and Mina after the competition. It appeared the duo did a lot more than just hang out. Normally Mina would step in to scold her boyfriend but she was down with the flu this week.

Gemini missed her sorely. The only buffer between Grant's botheration and her thin patience was now her assistant. A sharp-witted young lady, named Mara.

She wasn't in the mood for his jokes, she needed his brain.

"Cut it out, Fenoma. I need ideas for this summers collection. Something unique. Something formal."

Grant hummed under his breath. "Marker..." She handed him a marker. He held the cap between his teeth as he began to sketch. Gemini watched with bated breath as patterns and lines came together to form a sheath dress. It was perfect for a summer formal.

The door swung open and a toffee skinned beauty walked in, her face hidden behind a hill of files in her arms.

"Message from the top floor."

Mara looked enthusiastic. It was almost contagious. Grant frowned.

"Why are you so happy?"

He had cause to worry, Mara never hid her dislike for him from the first day they met.

"Am I getting fired?" He continued.

Mara gave him a blank stare. " I wish." She scoffed, placing the files gently on Gemini's desk.

She turned to Gemini. "There's been a circular out. VENUS is organizing her first runway show in three weeks, Gemini. Sorry I took so long, your Twitter page is bursting with reactions from fans. They are super psyched for the show. I tweeted it on my way here. By the way..."